Pickles and plans

Tw: emetephobia and the smallest bit of sexual talk

           **** WEEKS LATER...FEB 10****

Nick:

I'm currently on the way home when I remember that I have 4 days! I have four days to figure out what I'm gonna do for Charlie for Valentine's Day.
He thinks that we made a deal to not do a whole bunch, if anything at all because it's too much stress and we already have the baby to worry about. While I do agree that getting ready for the baby is not the easiest, I think that we should take advantage of the last few moments that we have together, just us.
I've spent the last couple of days thinking about what I should do but nothing seems good enough. I'm not gonna lie, I am feeling the pressure because even though it's been good lately, I feel like we've been getting into silly arguments over nothing. Even though I've probably been the main cause of them, I hate arguing with Char.

I try to come up with different ideas during the rest of the drive, but when Im practically in the driveway when Charlie calls me

"Nickkyyy"

"Oh gosh, hi char" I say, amused that he used my mum's nickname

"How much do you love me"

"Baby what" I chuckle out confused

"Will you go to the store for me pleassee"

"Char, I'm literally in the driveway" I groan out

" please, we're out of pickles and ranch, I need them so bad. Well technically, your child needs them"

"I'm gonna throw up"

"Nicckk"

"Ok, I'm going"

"I love youu" he says

"Yup" I say as if I'm doing this against my will

I hang up the call but I immediately go to text him "I love you more" before he can say anything.
I pull out of the driveway and head to the nearest market because I do in fact love Charlie so much.
When I arrive at the market. I grab a basket just in case. I went to the pickle aisle first and panicked a little when I realize he didn't specify which pickles. I pull out my phone to double check

"Hello to my favorite husband"

"Um...your only husband?!?"

"Yup"

" I- just- what brand or type of pickles do you want and ranch" I ask just wanting to go home

"Oh dill! Wait no! Bread and butter! No the baby dill wait-"

"Char" I cut him off

"Ok sorry, um baby dill and hidden valley ranch please...yea, no...yea" he says not sounding too sure

I knew what I was going to do right then but I made sure to say goodbye and hang up first.
I looked the pickle aisle up and down before going to trade my basket for a buggy.
I got back to the pickles and got one of every kind, two of each of the ones that he mentioned. Luckily, it was pretty late and not too many people were concerned about me or my cart. Once I covered the bottom of my cart, I went to the condiment aisle where I picked up five bottles of hidden valley ranch before heading to check out.
I was kind of nervous to go to the check out just because I'm very aware of how unusual this is, but anything for char. I walk up and as I get in line, I immediately see the cashiers look on her face "what a collection you got there" she says, scanning the first few. "Yea" I say chuckling, just wanting to get this over with.
I finish loading the buggy before I look to see the total. "That'll be $80.67" I shake my head " the things I do for him" I mumble under my breath before putting my card in.
I pay and head out to my car to put everything in the boot before I start the drive back home, again.

I finally made it into the driveway with no interrupting phone call this time. I texted Charlie to open the door before putting my keys and phone in my pockets and putting all of the bags on my arms. I'm a one trip kinda guy. It was perfect timing when I got to the doorstep and Charlie was opening the door. I look at him really quick and his jaw is practically on the ground. I laugh making my way towards the kitchen to put everything down.
Charlie starts looking through the bags "what the hell" he says smiling. He looks through all of them grabbing the ones that he wanted, baby dill, and a bottle of ranch. Charlie grabbed a bowl and sat down at the island. He looks so happy that it made it all worth it but I quickly grabbed my phone so that I could capture the sight. Charlie took a couple more bites before he rushed over and jumped into my arms "char, careful" I say about his stomach "I love you so much" he says kissing me and I pull away "I love you more, but I don't really love pickles" I say kissing his cheek before setting him down "you're missing out" he says trying to walk away but I pull him back towards me "nah, just saving them all for you" he chuckles "thank you" Charlie says kissing his hand then placing it on my lips. I laugh when I realized why he did that.
I follow char to the island where he's chowing down on the weird craving. "How much was this" he asks, mouth full. I'm over by the counter, heating up my dinner so I just glance at him and smile. He doesn't like that response. "Nick" "what are you gonna return them" "....no" he says quietly and I chuckle "so it doesn't matter" "we agreed on not doing or spending too much for Valentine's" "it's not Valentine's Day, plus,
we're financially stable enough for me to spoil you. I'd spend my last penny on you to be honest " I say bringing my plate to sit across from Charlie "love you for that. I'd do the same for you" he says making eye contact. I look at him sideways "what" Charlie asks confused "you'd most definitely spent your last penny on a pickle" I say and his jaw drops "I love you more than pickles" he says sounding offended. I smirk as something has just come to mind " do you love my pickle more than those" "you did not just call your dick a pickle" "answer the question char" I say smiling at him. He laughs "yesss...I do" I laugh getting up to run around the table. I wrap my arms around Charlie from behind "c'mon" I say picking him up and heading towards the stairs. "My pickles" he says pointing out that they're just sitting on the counter "it's ok, you can have mine" I say as I walk up the stairs. We get about halfway before Charlie taps my shoulder "p-put me down" the demand takes me aback but I do it anyways. Before I know it, he's running back down the stairs and I instinctively follow him. "Char, what's happened" I ask before I see him on his knees in front of the toilet, spewing his guts out "shit" I run to go get a cup of water and some meds just in case. When I get back in, I set everything down before I scoot behind char, rubbing his back "you're ok" i whisper to him before he leans back against me. I move my hands from his back to his stomach "no more pickles for you huh" I say and he shakes his head and groans, adjusting against me. The side of his head is laying on my chest and his eyes close " I love you" I say rubbing his stomach and massaging his scalp.
When I start to hear soft snores, I carefully get up from behind him before I go to pick him up. I carry him from the downstairs bathroom to our bedroom, tucking him in. I walk back downstairs to make sure that everything is locked up before I get in bed for the night.
Once I get back upstairs, I notice the nursery light is on. I make my way towards the room and open the door to a monstrosity. I take a look around at everything before it hits me. A "gift" that is not technically inexpensive, but it could be fun and productive.
I turn the light off and head to our room where I take a shower before scooting in bed behind char. I'm excited and ready for Valentine's Day now.