Baby Rome

Nick:

      I've been sleeping on and off the entire night, too anxious about Charlie's labor that once it hit 8am, I didn't even bother trying anymore!!
      I lay behind Charlie, spooning him with one arm across his waist and the other in his hair. I didn't want to wake him up knowing that we're probably in for a long day so I just lay there patiently.

        Almost an hour later, I felt Charlie start to move in my arms. I knew that that's his thing to let me know that he's up, but I wait until he turns to face me anyways. "Hi!" He groans with a bit of morning rasps. I push a curl behind his ears "mornin'" "how do you feel!?!?" He asks me and I smile, giggling a bit "you're the one that could give birth any minute now and you're asking me how I feel" "well you freaked out on me a bit last night!!" "I didn't freak out...I was just making sure everything was ready!!" "Mmmk" "well how are you?!?" I ask with a bunch of emphasis "I'm good!! I don't think it'll hit me until the exact moment I start!!" Charlie says  and I nod, still running my hands through his hair "you up for a walk before I go?!?" I ask, noticing that Nellie made her way to us " in a few...just want you to hold me for a bit!!" "I can do that" I say, adjusting myself to make sure Charlie is comfortable!!

         We stay in bed for over half an hour, not even talking really, just holding each other until Nellie decides that we're taking too long. "She's so bossy!!" Charlie says, groaning as he sits up "she just wants to go for a walk, huh girl!!?!" I grab her from off our bed, running my hands through her fur. "She gets it from you" "really?!!? She's been attached to your hip!!" I say, throwing a hoodie on "you're just jealous" "nah, there's enough Nellie to go around...I'll always be her favorite though!!" I say with a smirk, causing Charlie to roll his eyes at me.
         Charlie and I both quickly throw clothes on before going downstairs to get Nellie's leash and heading out the door.
          We walk with our hands interlocked to a local park that's usually not too busy. For majority of the walk, we sit in a comfortable silence, occasionally pointing out some interesting things that we see! When we arrive, Charlie goes to the bench that we declared ours while Nellie and I play fetch with a random stick. I make sure to glance over at Charlie every once in a while, but he's already staring back at me every time.

       "You alright there?!?" Charlie asks me as I approach him, breathing heavy after playing chase with Nellie!! "I swear she never runs out of energy" I say, plopping down on the bench as Nellie sits in front of us, ready to play some more.
         Charlie throws Nellie's stick from the bench a couple of times before a certain feeling stops him. "You alright?!?" I ask him as he holds his stomach "yeah...she's just kicking a bit" he says while rubbing his stomach for comfort and almost immediately, Nellie pops her head up on his lap making him smile. I try to pull my phone out discreetly, only to blow my cover when the shutter sound of my camera goes off "Nicckkk" Charlie groans "what?!? It's for our photo book" I say with a smirk, just to receive a sigh from char!!

        Once Rome's kicks start to slow down, we decide to start walking back home so that I can get ready. The walk back was the same as it was there, the two of us with our fingers interlocked, walking in a comfortable silence until we got home. I put Nellie's things away as Charlie went upstairs. I took a glance at him after I heard a slight moan "char?!?" "Fine, just need a minute!!" "You sure?!?" I ask, only getting a nod since his face is all frowned up with pain. I was still a bit on edge but didn't push anymore because I trust that he'd tell me if his pains were labor intense.

         Charlie took a shower while I just changed into my training clothes. Before I finished getting ready, I had to wait for Charlie to finish his 30 minute concert/shower, but once he finally got out, I washed my face and brushed my teeth before going downstairs to pack my bag.
          "I'll be checking my phone constantly ok, so just call me and I'll be on my way if you need me!!" I say, cupping Charlie's face so he's looking directly into my eyes "i will, promise!!" He says so I kneel down, moving my hands to his stomach "Rome, please be so good for your dad and if you feel like you want to come into the world while I'm gone....don't, love you lots" I say ending it with a kiss to the stomach. I stand up, being greeted with Charlie's big smile while he shakes his head "you're so weird you know" Charlie says giggling, but I ignore it as I pull him in for another hug and kiss before I leave!!