To do list

**a week later from the last chapter**

Charlie:

    Nick and I decided to have our baby shower sorta thing in January since he would have the most days off then but, the 18th is in a couple weeks and we barely have anything planned. Luckily I started the guest list and sending out invites a month ago so we at least have that I guess.
     I'm writing down a list of things to ask Nick about the party when he gets home or else my pregnancy brain will make me forget. I'm writing the list and trying to do my teacher notes at the same time when I go to write the date and realize that Christmas is in a week. Again, like many of the things in my life right now, I have nothing prepared for anything or anyone, not even Nick. I look things up and find nothing worth getting. I look over and see Nellie walking over to where I am "what do you think dad wants" I ask her and showing some affection. I keep looking until I decide to go through his search history to see if he has had his eye on anything. I find a watch, rugby boots, best cribs for babies. "Definitely not for him, cute though" I mumble to myself, smiling at the fact that he's looking up things for our baby. I keep scrolling and find a couple more things until an ad pops up for a baby name generator "mmm...great" I sigh knowing that's another thing I have to add to the list of things to do

       I don't realize that I've been scrolling endlessly until I hear keys jungle in the door. I check my phone to see if I missed the "otw" text from Nick, I did. I shut down certain tabs on the computer and pretend to continue doing my notes when he walks in "Helllloooo loovvvvee" he very tone deafly sings as he gives me a kiss on my forehead but I tilt my head back for one on my lips "hi baby, training good" I ask "yea, just the usual today though, how was school, I didn't get a text back" he says sounding offended "I'm sorryy, I was so preoccupied, but school was good, no troubles with the kids today" he comes to sit next to me on the couch "preoccupied with what" "made you a list of questions about the baby shower, did you ask admin about getting the 18th off by the way" I ask directing my attention to Nick "can I see it, the list" I pass it to him "the 18th Nick" I ask again "uh-yea sorry, they said they'd get back with me" he says still reading my list "so no" I say going to look back at the computer screen. Nick drops my notebook in his lap "hey, I told you I would be there right, I promised yea" he ask looking over at me and I just nod my head until he grabs my chin to turn my face to look at him "then I'll be there" I smile at his words before he looks back down at the notebook "Also, I don't think we need a fondue station, where would we even put it" he asks laughing even though I was dead serious "well I want one and it can go in the kitchen with the rest of the food" "let's think about it"

Nick:

     A couple of weeks ago I booked a trip for Charlie and I to go to Greece for a "baby moon" slash last trip before I leave. I booked it for the week after Christmas as one of his presents.

    There is a slight problem though.

     With me asking for the week off about a month ago, I'm not sure what admin will say if I ask for another day off in January too. I'm so nervous about it that I haven't even asked, even though Charlie thinks I did.

    I snap out of my thoughts and step out of the shower.

     I walk back into our room and get into bed next to Charlie who's on his phone. "Whatcha looking at" I ask leaning over to be closer to him. He takes a deep breath before answering "baby names" I  raise an eyebrow and lay my head on his chest "without me...so rude" I hear him chuckle above me "we don't even know what we're having yet so it makes it even more difficult right now" he says continuing to scroll "what about Charlotte for a girl, kind of like a play on your name" I say proud of myself that I thought of that "ermm no, don't really want them to turn out like me hahah" I kinda frown at that "what, you don't want our kid to end up in a healthy relationship, have their own mini family, and thrive in life" I ask sitting up so that I can see char's face "you know what I meant" "nah I really don't..." "Nick" he says looking over at me with that "Be for real" face that he always does "ok fine but it won't matter even if they do end up struggling from time to time because we'll know how to handle it" "doesn't mean I want them to go through it or they deserve my shitty genes" I pull his phone from out of his hands forcing him to look at me " 1, your genes aren't shitty, 2, nobody deserves it or wants to go through it, it kind of just happens with genes and trauma like Geoff says, and 3, I don't really like the way you talk about my husband" I finish off making Charlie scoff "oh really, it's not my fault he's mental" I roll my eyes as Charlie laughs because obviously the joke was a lot funnier to one of us more than the other. Charlie starts laughing even harder all of a sudden making me laugh "w-what is going on" I ask but char continues to laugh grabbing his phone from my lap "N-nicole" he says struggling to get it out "what" I ask smiling but still confused " a play on your name, Nicholas an-" he didn't even have to finish explaining "absolutely not, Charlotte Nicole Nelson, we'll look so full of ourselves" Charlie leans in, landing  his forehead into my shoulder. I think about the name a little longer "it does kind of flow though" Charlie looks up at me "no" and then lays back down and scrolls some more, I claim my spot back on his chest.
     We scroll adding a couple of names to our list until we get too tired and bored that we put a show on a fell asleep.