Antiseptics...

-short chapter again...sorry🫣 2300 words

Charlie:

It's Sunday night and Nick and I are recapping on this weekend, but also preparing for the upcoming week. It was amazing having him with me 24/7 for a couple days, but it's a new week.
On Saturday, I had called Ollie, telling him that we couldn't go to the facility because training was canceled. I also told him about nicks chin, he ended up being a lot more worried than I thought he would so we picked him up and spent the day with him, it was fun.
Today was a lot more chill!! We had a very slow morning before we got up and went to a cafe for breakfast. After, we came home and watched a movie....not really but Nick was much more entertaining. We also took Nellie on a walk before actually watching a movie this time. We had leftovers for dinner, and nicks cookies for dessert, but now we're here, in the bathroom, post shower, practically fighting each other!!

"Nick, you have to clean it with alcohol" I say trying to put the wipe on his chin, but Nick has my wrist in a tight grasp. "No it burns" "it's supposed to, it kills the bacteria. Now cmon and stop acting like a baby" "a baby, you're the one treating me like I am" Nick scoffs "then you do it" "...no" Nick says and I chuckle "Nick, please just do this, I'm tired" "ok then let's go to bed" he says standing up from the edge of the toilet seat where he was sat. "baby, we can't do anything until you let me clean it" I say pushing him back down to sit. Nick sighs, leaning back against the toilet seat.
The bathroom falls silent for a few minutes before I speak again. "Do you hate me?!" "What no...I do hate antiseptic wipes though!" "If you love me, you'll let me do this" I say looking at Nick directly in his eyes. He looks away from me "that's not fair and you know it" "it's not fair that it's almost 11pm, and I'm stuck in the bathroom with my rugby player husband who can't handle a fucking alcohol wipe" "you're the one keeping us in here. I already said we should just go to bed" "Nicholasss" I groan out " don't call me that" he mumbles under his breath with an attitude "then c'mon"
The bathroom went silent again, but while it did, I was thinking about how I can get this over with. He'll just get mad if I keep calling him a baby or his full name, so maybe I'll just try to hype him up...even if it's just for an antiseptic.
"If I give you a countdown and then do three swipes... can you deal with that?!" I ask as he brings his hands to cover his eyes "three exact?!" "Yes!" "Ok,ok, but you can't go over." "I know, I know " I say getting closer to him as his eyes stay on my hand that's holding the wipe "ok wait, let me hold your hand" he says grabbing for it. "No, you'll try to push me away" I smile, knowing that I'm 100% right. Nick pulls me in by my waist, placing me right between his legs. He wraps his arms around me, interlocking his hands once they reach my back. "Ok, go" he says. I chuckle at how tight his eyes are shut. "5.4.3.2.1" I countdown and do my three swipes "fucking hell" he groans out through his teeth "this is worse than actually busting my chin, I swear" he says as I'm laughing. Once he's out of shock, Nick looks up at me "are you laughing at me while I'm in pain?!?" He asks, sounding so offended " you're so dramatic!!" I say in between giggles.

I rub the ointment on and then place the bandage on the scar. I give Nick a peck before walking away "did you act like this with the actual medic?!" I ask as I get into bed. Nick follows after me " no, she snuck it on me, I thought it was just gauze" he says "I should've done that" "absolutely not" Nick says cuddling into me, running his fingers through my hair " correct me if I'm wrong, but you can manage being tackled for a living, but not an antiseptic wipe" "correct" Nick says confidently "yea...what I thought!!"

****NEXT MORNING (Monday)****

Charlie:

I thought it was gonna be the same old normal Monday where I get up, go to work, come back home, and wait what feels like ages to see Nick, but it wasn't

"Am I up early" I groan out to Nick who's staring at me and playing in my hair. "Mmm, it's 6:18am" he says and I just adjust myself into nicks arms more until I realize "why are you still here?!" "I have a check up at 10:00 so coach said to just come in after, but I can leave if you want!!" "No" I say, practically on top of him now. "Yeaa that's what I thought" Nick says, leaving a kiss on my forehead and probably smirking.
We stay in bed for a little longer until Nick reminds me I have to actually do things today. "It's 6:30" I groan out loud, squeezing him tighter. "C'mon, get ready and I'll make your lunch and breakfast" Nick says now just kissing me all over until I pull away, finally sitting up "do want anything in particular?!" Nick asks me, referring to my breakfast and lunch "are you on the menu?!" ".....I'm gonna go before you're late to work" Nick says getting up to walk downstairs.