Ollie pt.3 (last part)

***5306 WORDDDSSSS!!! u guys seem to like longer chapters so here you go:)

Tw: small mention of Charlie's past and talk of relapse (dw there isn't one)

Nick:

     I'm currently on my way home from rugby training. I sent my usual "otw" text to Charlie, and asked if we needed anything back at home since we've got a few guests, but I'm almost home and still haven't gotten a response. Usually, I would probably be worried, but he's got three others with him if something were to happen.

     I pull into our driveway, grabbing my bags  before I head into our house. "Just me" I yell out when I walk through the front door. I set my things down before looking back up to be greeted by Tori "oh, hey" I say, a little startled. "Hey- erm... it's Charlie, he's breathing and everything, I just think that she kind of messed with his head, so he's been sleeping for the past four hours" tori says, sounding worried "wh-what...who is she?!" "Oh yeah- erm Jane stopped by" "shit" I say walking away to find Charlie.
     I find him sprawled out on the living room couch. I walk around and crouch down next to Charlie to make sure he's still breathing and not too hot. "Is Ollie still here" I ask tori who's looking over me and Char. "Yea, I've just got them downstairs." I nod before asking her for a favor "could you please get me a glass of water?" She doesn't say anything but walk off towards the kitchen.
     While I wait for tori to come back, I try to wake Charlie myself "Hello love, are you awake, can you hear me?!" I ask while swiping his hair from out of his face. There's no response, but I keep talking in his ear.
     Eventually, tori comes back with that glass, so I pour some of the water into my hand and sprinkle some on his forehead and neck. I do this a couple times while still talking to him until his eyes finally open.
    "Hi there" I say with a smile. Charlie does everything that he usually does when just waking up. He looks around and stretches a bit before laying both eyes back on me. "How you feeling, love?!" I ask. He doesn't respond at first, but it looks like everything is starting to come back to him. "I'm okay, just tired!" I could tell he was lying and trying to force a smile. "Baby, I already know Jane came over, but what did she say to you" "we don't have to talk about it, doesn't matter what she said anyways!!" Charlie says with a yawn in between.  He adjusts his body to now face the ceiling "ehh, I think we should talk about it, doesn't have to be right now, but you know" I say with a kiss to his forehead.
     I let Charlie lay down for a bit more before I try to get him to sit up. "Can you drink some water please??" I ask. Once he leans against the couch, I see that he notices tori sitting on the couch opposite of him. "Ollie here" he asks. Tori nods her head. "Good, k thank you!!"
     I place the cup in his hands, waiting for him to take a couple of sips. "I'm okay now" Charlie says, trying to stand up before I stop him "I-uh-I think we should go upstairs and lie down" "Nick I'm fine" he says sounding a little more agitated. "I know, I just want to make sure."
    I watch Charlie go upstairs before I turn to talk to tori "I can be back down soon to get dinner started, I'm just gonna make sure he's ok!" Tori chuckles after my statement "Nick it's fine, I've got it. I'll bring it up when it's ready, no worries" "thank you tori" I say before walking upstairs myself.

      I walk into my room, looking around for Charlie who is not in here. I check the bathroom, not there. I don't panic just yet because I saw him walk up here with my own two eyes. I leave the room and check the hall before I decide to go through every room. The first room I check was the one that made the most since, I was right. Charlie was sitting in the rocking chair in the nursery. "Baby what's going on, I thought we were gonna lay down?!" I ask as I walk towards him. Char shrugs his shoulders "just wanted to sit in here". I was definitely not going for that. I know it has something to do with Jane, I just need him to tell me the specifics so that I can help. "Are you feeling all right, you and haricot?"(bean in French) I get a smile out of him, not sure if it was the nickname or the French, but either works for me. "We're fine" Charlie replies but I still don't believe him. I walk over closing the space between us as I move Charlie over so that I can sit too. I lift him up a bit before pulling him back in to partially sit on my lap.
      We sat there in silence as Charlie fiddled with the collar and hem of my shirt. "What's happening in that head of yours?" I ask in a sort of whisper. Charlie turns to look at me for a second before Turing back away. I see his hand move to his belly and his lip start to tremble before I turn his face to look at me.
"Why are you crying love" I ask softly. He's not able to answer me at first, but I'm capable of waiting.
      " I don't think I'm ready Nick, I-I don't think I'm fit to be a dad" he says as the tears quickly turn into sobs. I didn't respond right away as hearing Charlie say that was like a punch to the gut. "What are you talking about?!" I ask, looking into his red eyes. Charlie sighs, getting a little choked up " I-I'm not gonna be a good dad. I've got too much of a past" I furrow my brows even though I know exactly what he's talking about "char have you relapsed recently and I don't know about it, because otherwise, it's been three years" he shakes his head "no I just- it's still not a good influence and what if they have a breakdown and I don't know how to help, or they start to do things to themself like me or because of me...she's right, I'm just not ready and I don't know if I ever will be. I don't know what I was thinking Nick." I couldn't bear to just sit here and let my husband talk about himself like this. I got up and set Charlie back down on the chair before I crouched down in front of him. I took his hands in mine before I spoke "Char, I need you to believe me when I say that none of what she says about you is true. And you know that I'll support you in any choice that you make, but I'm not gonna sit here and let you give up your dream of having a family just because your mum speaks a shitload of nonsense. Yes, you have a past, but you've been doing so well and I'm so,so proud of you for it. I know you worry about it, but you're not gonna hurt our kid. Not unless you keep talking about yourself like this, because I know they don't like it either. No more, please and thank you!" I finish off with a kiss to his hand.
      I sit with Charlie, waiting to see if he'll respond or not.
     "I wish I could just keep her out of my head. I was fine until I sat and thought about what she really said" Charlie says, leaning back against the chair. "But it doesn't matter what she says because none of it is true yeah?!?" "Yea" he agrees softly. I know he doesn't quite realize it yet, but he will soon.