Home

A/N: thx for all the love...means the world😘

Nick:

"Hi char" he says softly

    I can't help but smile a little at the nickname that I haven't heard in two days

   There's silence on both lines. The both of us too nervous to talk. I go to say something until I hear a feminine voice that I can't make out.

  "Are you still at the facility" I ask with my brows furrowed, not that he can see

"No..I'm home"

"Who are you with then" I ask trying to hide the jealousy in my voice

   I hear him scoff with a chuckle before he answers "Nick..." "I meant home like my mum's house" he starts and I sigh, closing my eyes out of embarrassment "I'm at my mum's house with my mum, Charlie" he says confirming "yea, sorry" I say and there's more silence.

    I go to say something again, but Nick had the same idea "ok um- I obviously didn't call you to just sit here and say two words so, I'm so, so sorry that I couldn't fulfill my promise and take you to the shops. Im sorry that I can't be with you as much as you nor I want. Im sorry about all the things that I'll miss in the future. I just need you to know that I want to be there even more than you want me too. But with that being said, I know that I'll miss things and I know that it makes you sad which makes me upset too. I love you char, but respectfully, I don't need you pointing it out and rubbing it in my face because it makes me feel like shit, especially because there's not much I can do about it."

  I have my hand over my mouth to silent my sobs. I couldn't respond right away, I was too choked up and I knew 0 words would be formed.

"Charlie" he says with a confused tone

   I clear my throat "y-yea, sorry um" I couldn't continue without choking up "I- I'm  just really s-sorry. I swear I didn't mean it like that, I didn't mean to make you feel shitty. I never w-want to do that." I pause before continuing "I know that you want to be with me and there for me and the baby, I just got in my head and emotional that day, I'm sorry"

   "You don't need to be sorry char. Just know that if I could be with you 24/7 then I would. I will do my best to make sure that I'm balancing everything, but I know that it's not gonna work in our favor sometimes. We can't have a big blow up like this every time though. I don't like when we argue, yeah"

  "Yeah me neither. I didn't mean to make it a big deal you know. It just kinda happened so fast and you were off to the room, I just thought you were so pissed at me. I don't know I just felt I had to leave" I say calmly and a lot more clearly than I expect

  " I'm not gonna lie, I was pissed at you, and honestly myself for snapping, but I was also exhausted. I went upstairs for distance, like separate floors of the house, not three hours away"

  "I know, I'm sorry, it was very impulsive. And dumb of me to not at least tell you. Ughh I don't know. I should've just kept my mouth shut" I say quietly

  "No char, we needed this. I think it's better that it happened now rather than later. Probably would've been worse" he says and I reply quietly "yea" before there's more silence. It's a little more comfortable this time.

   "Will you be back tomorrow. I missed you, couldn't even be in the house without you" he chuckles. "Yeah, It'll be at night though, tori said she'll take me shopping" "oh, um- sounds fun" "is that ok" I ask because his voice wasn't very convincing "yea, just wish I could be there is all" he says taking a deep breath. "I know" I say before I get an idea "what if I FaceTime you during your break so you can pick something out. Or we can do some online together" "yea that could work" I can hear the grin in his voice "are you smiling" I ask while having a big smile myself "maybe" he says making us both laugh
    We finish talking about the details before Nick notices my voice getting more tired and weak "are you tired" he asks and before I can respond, a long yawn leaves my mouth causing chuckles to occur. "I love you char, get some rest and I'll see you tomorrow love" "I love you more" I say knowing I have the cheesiest smile right now.
     He tries to protest and make it a competition of who loves who more. But I say it one more time and hang up making myself laugh at the cut off. It takes less than a minute for a text to come through in all caps

Nickyy😍😘

(9:53)- I LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!

(9:53)- ❤️❤️

***NEXT DAY***

Nick:

    When I woke up today, I felt much better than the previous morning, for obvious reasons. I had woken up a bit early so that I could fix up breakfast for mum, to say thanks. It was just a simple sausage, toast, and eggs, but she loved it. Soon enough, I said my goodbyes and was off to training.
     I had just gotten through morning meetings when Charlie sent some texts. Some of my mates noticed how giddy I was through the entire practice, excited to be on better terms and see my husband again.
     After many more play run throughs, it was finally time for me to go home. I made a quick stop back at my mum's to pick up Nellie before going to my own house.
     When I finally arrived in the driveway, I saw char's car and was barely able to park the car before I jumped out, grabbed Nellie, and ran inside.
      To my surprise he was sitting on the bench in the entry way. He looked up smiling at me and I didn't hesitate to pick him up and wrap him in my arms "I missed you" I whisper out. Charlie wraps his legs around my waist "I'm sorry" I feel him whisper into my neck. I pull away to look at him "no more sorries char" I say receiving a soft smile before wrapping back into our hug.
      We continued to hug in silence until I broke it by making us go to the kitchen for dinner. I fixed up a quick pasta while Charlie sat at the island and watched me.
       Once we finished, Charlie helped clean up the area before we took a shower and cuddled in bed before the both of us dozed off.

A/N: hii everyone—ik this one was a bit sucky and rushed but I just wanted to put it out as I was too busy with essays and test to write well earlier this week...but I'll be back to writing now dw😌