Christmas festivities pt.2

Nick:

     I look over at Charlie who seems to not be as bothered as I am "Hi Nicky" "don't call me that" "yea sorry, Nick". I receive an unexpected nudge into my side from Charlie causing me too look at him "stop" he mumbles. I roll my eyes out of frustration, not at Charlie, but the situation itself. David and Charlie greet each other and end up hugging. Eventually, I was saved as my mum came to the door "Oh hello loves" she says hugging me and then Charlie. After greeting my mum, I walked up to my old room to put mine and Charlie's bags away, that's when I heard the door open, thankfully it was just Charlie. "I assume you didn't know he was coming then" "obviously not" I say but quickly apologize because of my tone "it's fine, I just don't understand, he apologized years ago" "yea, it wasn't genuine though, he probably just wants money" I say "You don't know that" "it doesn't matter, an apology doesn't just wipe away all those years" "Ok, well, could you possibly try your very best to cooperate tonight, if not for me then your mom, she doesn't deserve it either" "yea whatever, I'm going to help mum" I say heading out of my room. 
        I make it downstairs and start to set the table when my mum walks in with cups "I'm sorry Nicky, I didn't know he was gonna show up, you know he usually stays up north or goes to dad's" she says so sympathetically "yea mum I know, just wanted a nice Christmas" "it'll still be fine" she says smiling and I smile back even though that I know David will find his way to aggravate me.
       Eventually, we all sat down for dinner. We talked and caught up on each other's lives. I really only listened to what mum and Charlie had to say. There was a pause in the conversation when Charlie mentions being pregnant. "W-wait really, Congrats" David lets out and I roll my eyes at how fake I think he's being. Charlie looks over at me confused "You didn't tell him" I shake my head "no". David asked many questions and so did my mum like how far along Charlie was, he had no problem answering. "Is there a baby shower" David asks "No-" "Yes there is, January 18th, 2:00 at our place" Charlie cuts me off and I just glare at him. David notices and kind of frowns but I don't really give a flying fuck about his feelings.
      After a little bit, we finally finished up, and I volunteered myself to clean up. Mum was making more treats for the movie, Charlie was in the shower, and David was sitting on the couch like the lazy slob he is.
     I had just finished clearing the table and washing plates when I got a text from Charlie.

My love❤️:

(8:06)- can u come up rq

      I have a feeling that I know what this is about. I tell mum that I'll be back in a second a make my way to my room.
       I open the door and see Charlie sat on my childhood bed. I walk over and plop down on the opposite side of the bed. "Why" he asks dropping his hands down to his side. "Why what" "don't play dumb, you know you're being close minded, not even giving him a chance" "Char, he's a fucking prick, and he always has been, people don't just change in a couple of months" i say getting frustrated "Nick you haven't even tried, you didn't even tell him that we're expecting" "I don't want him near my kid" "he's still gonna be their uncle Nick and he's fucking trying, you owe him that" "I don't owe him fucking anything, a-and why are you taking his side, you want to defend him so bad, go with him, why are you here with me" "Nicholas that's not fair" "Charles, just fucking go" I say choking up with tears down my eyes.

     I didn't actually want Charlie to leave but I was just really upset, so fucking upset. I'm not even sure where he went, but I know he left. His bags, most of the gifts, and our car is gone. I didn't have the strength to run after him and definitely not to apologize.
    I stayed in my room for half an hour until there was a knock on my door. "C-come in" i say still a little choked up. Thankfully it was just my mum. Not that I really wanted to talk to anyone right now, but if I had to, it would be her. "Hello love" "hi mum" after that I just immediately break down and my mum rushes over putting my head onto her lap. "What happened Nicky" "w-we argued mum, it was b-bad" "ohh Nicky, that hasn't happened in a long time has it" she ask and I just shake my head.
     She let me calm down a bit more before asking anymore questions. "What was it about" i stay silent not wanting to even mention his name. "Was it David" I just nod my head "Nick, he's trying you know" I sigh preparing myself for another person to take his side "Mum, he has caused me so, so much pain for years, and everyone is just expecting me to forget about it and kiss his ass, no" I pause trying to find more words for everything I want to say " And I don't understand how Charlie does it, it's just like he doesn't care about what David did to him or me, he just takes David's side, it's like he doesn't understand me" "well did you try explaining it to him like this, calm" she asked already knowing the answer "I think you should go talk to him" "I don't know mum, he called me by my full name" she chuckles at that even though I was being dead serious "is that what determines how mad someone is nowadays"

Charlie:

     It's been an hour since I left Nick in his room to go to my parent's house. I'm still so fucking mad at him for trying to say that I act like I'm married to David instead of him, as if I'm not carrying his child.
     I'm in my childhood room talking to Oliver and my dad because tori won't be here until tomorrow, and mum is prepping food.
     "An argument, well you need to apologize" Oliver says "Oli, you don't even know what exactly happened" "well I do know that Nick is the best thing that has happened to you and I'd rather not lose my Mario kart partner so, apologize please" I half smile at the teenagers statement "well I think that Oli is sorta right. Even though I don't know exactly what happened, I trust Nick enough to know that he would never deliberately hurt you. And even though you may not have realized in the moment, you might have too said some hurtful things, so maybe if the two of you just have a chat" my dad says sending me into a spiral trying to recall what I said. "Yeah" is all I can come up with to say at the moment "c'mon Oli, let's leave him be. You two will figure it out Charlie, don't worry" he says patting my back before leaving my room.

   I sat in my room with my thoughts for a while causing some tears. I debated on if I should text Nick or if I should just wait until tomorrow. That decision was settled when the doorbell rung, then later a knock on my door. "Yea come in" I say not expecting it to be who it was "W-what are you doing here" I say "well I was hoping to um-talk" "ok" I said before he begun "well first, im sorry for yelling and saying those things about you and David but-" I cut him off "and telling me to leave" "y-yes, im sorry for telling you to leave. I just felt like you didn't care about how I felt in the moment, only about David. Like you keep expecting me to be his best friend just because he's done the bare minimum for the past months. I just can't forgive him for what he's done to you or even me, not right away at least."  He takes a deep breath waiting for my response.
  "I'm also sorry for making you feel less than and not understanding you in that moment but I didn't appreciate how you made it seem like I wanted to be with David instead of you. I just don't feel like I deserve that after e-everything we've done for each other." I paused there to wipe the consistent tears that were flooding my eyes " I know that David has been far from a good person or brother to you and I'm sorry I didn't really think about how you felt about him even after the apology. For me, I'm used to the nasty words, they never really bothered me and they never came from my own brother so I just didn't understand. If you still feel like you don't want him near our kid, then I'm ok with that, just know that I still think you should try"
   I finished up speaking and Nick laid down on my bed and brought me down with him so that we're face to face. He starts moving my hair out of my face "I promise I'll try as long as you promise to never call me by my full name ever again" I smile "I promise baby" "kiss me" Nick says and I do. After I pull away he starts to speak again "I'm really sorry for ruining your Christmas with my pettiness" I'm playing with his hair now "you didn't ruin my Christmas Nick, just a little bump, we're still going to Greece aren't we" I say making us both smile "of course"

     We finished the conversation and ended up going back to Sarah's house after saying our goodbyes to my family until tomorrow.

A/N: do u guys want a part with tori for the actual Christmas Day at the spring house orrr just cut right to Greece😛 thx for reading🕺