Chapter 24: The Cabin

Start from the beginning

"You guys aren't worried at all about being parents?"

"I mean there is four of us. I think we are more than capable of handling one baby." 

"What if you two get pregnant?"

The room went silent for a moment. I watched as the gears turned in Aria and Alex's heads. Aria's brows furrowed for a less than a second. If I didn't know her so well I wouldn't of noticed the expression. But it appeared just as quickly as it disappeared. Her face smoothed out and now I couldn't read the expression on either of their faces. 

"Honestly I'd be okay with it. I've always wanted a big family." Alex said as she rubbed soothing circles against my thigh. 

"Yeah me too. Ivy and I had already spoken about starting a family prior to us meeting you two."

"Well that's good to know. I feel kind of stupid not using protection the first time we slept together." I said sheepishly rubbing the back of my neck. 

"To be fair we were pretty distracted at the time" Alex winked.

"This is totally off topic but tomorrows the Blood Moon, are you excited to finally shift?" Aria said nudging me playfully. 

"Well minus the fact that it is going to be extremely painful yeah I am a little excited"

"A little excited?" Alex said her eyes narrowing.

"Okay okay I'm really excited" I said trying to suppress a smile. 

We talked about tomorrow night and about the preparations we needed to do. Apparently Lycans can shift into two different forms. There's the regular wolf form which would look similar to my mates forms. Then there was the Lycan form, which according to my mom was a more unstable form. We had to make safety preparations because no one knows what I'll shift into tomorrow night. My mom's friend Claire had been staying with us to keep casting spell around the area. Her spells would keep us hidden, without them who knows how long it'd take for someone to find me. Claire had said that the night I shift she will cast a shield around me to stop me from hurting anyone. It was the only way we could ensure the safety of everyone. 

Dinner rolled around faster than I had expected. We had spent all day hanging out in the sunroom. Ivy stayed away from us all day which I wasn't too happy about. I wanted to respect her space but it also killed me to stay away from her. Aria and Alex had noticed how stressed about it I was so they made it their mission to keep me distracted. Which in hindsight had been a lot of fun. We played board games, monopoly specifically which I crushed my mates in. Alex had gotten pissed and ended up flipping the board. That put a pretty quick end to the game so we had decided to watch a movie instead. 

The three of us wandered into the kitchen hand in hand the cabin was pretty quiet. That was until we had gotten closer to the dining room and the sound of laughter drifted through the air. When we stepped into the dining room there was a large table that looked like it could seat minimum twenty people. The table was covered with all kinds of food. All the different smells caused my mouth to water. As I glanced around the room I noticed that Ivy was no where to be found. 

"Mom? Where's Ivy?" I asked as I frantically scanned the room. 

"She's taking a nap in your bedroom. You should probably go wake her. Word of advice I would watch how much you are coddling her. I think it's a little overwhelming for her." I nodded with a small frown before exiting the room.

The last thing I meant to do was overwhelm her. I had honestly thought I was being helpful. Although if someone had done as much as I've been doing I'd probably get annoyed as well. I made my way towards our bedroom which was on the third floor. Yes this cabin had three floors not that you can really call it a third floor. The only room up there was our bedroom it was more like a private suite. Who ever had built this place had also put in an elevator to get up to it. The elevator required a retinal scan to get up to the suite. That feature had put me at ease knowing that no one other than me or my mates could get up there. Even Aria's parents had made sure the retinal scanner wouldn't work for anyone else in the house.