He walked towards the door and followed Nate inside, Matteo was not in the living room, so he guessed the blonde was already asleep, it was pretty late

He dropped his car keys on the table and walked towards the bedroom, he got in and Nate was already on the bed with his clothes off and him wearing sweatpants and tank top, when did he change his clothes?

Spade could feel that something was off but he didn't know what, this felt like when Nate had gone to see his father, but Spade was still second guessing that it was something Nate ate, maybe the young man was sick, because he didn't want to believe that it was the sexual joke he made that suddenly switched Nate's mood like this

He sighed out and took off his own clothes, picking out a sweatpant from the closet, he put it on and walked towards the bed, he laid on it and pulled the covers on his own body too, he scooted closer to Nate and placed his hand on the young man waist, but Nate scooted away from him, making him frown.

That has never happened before, he sighed out and did it again, but Nate just moved even further away from him.
What was going on?
Nate had never done this before.
Suddenly something came to his mind, did he already notice it? Was it that obvious?

But he wasn't showing it and it would be impossible for Nate to notice it, no it wasn't that.
Nate couldn't have possibly known that he was in love with him.
He decided to try again and this time actually, Nate didn't move as he pulled him closer, but he felt the young man tense up.

Nate didn't mean to shrug off Spade's touch but everything was just so clouding he couldn't stop himself, he didn't really feel very comfortable with Spade touching him again, and he couldn't exactly tell the man that, but when Spade tried for the third time, he just had to swallow it and let it be.

He was currently shaking inside, his whole system was in a fix, everything he'd been feeling for that few weeks was suddenly feeling very different and weird from how it usually felt.

It was like he was never comfortable with Spade, and it took just one meeting with that man to shake everything he'd been building with Spade for the past weeks
He didn't want it to be like that, but his mind and body couldn't help it

He wished everything would just rewind back to earlier that day, then maybe he would have asked Spade not to take him out in the first place, before he would meet that man, that nightmare.

He closed his eyes and tried to will himself to sleep, but Spade's arm around him wasn't even helping at all.
Not that he was disgusted but it suddenly made him feel aware, too aware of his presence.

                                *****

Flashback

The house was quite as always, something Nate feared all the time, he hated it when he was left alone in the house, because he knew something bad would always happen.

He looked through each corner in the living room, clutching tight to the pillow in his hand, he didn't know when his mother would come back, but he hoped she would come back earlier than required, he didn't think he could stand being alone in the house.

Even his sister hadn't returned from school yet, since their father agreed for her to be on the cheerleading team, she usually spent more time at school.

He wished he would be as brave she and ask his father if he could be in a team too, but he knew what the man would tell him.
He'd probably say Nate didn't need any of that, because he'd only end up quitting halfway, or he'd call the boy pathetic because only pussies did sports in school

As he sat there thinking about his 12 year old kid life, he heard the door suddenly open up, he almost sprang up from his chair, thinking it was his mother, or his sister, but he froze and the color drained from his face when he realized it was neither of them.