Chapter 19

After a long and tiring day at work, he was finally home.
He let out a deep sigh of relief as he stepped into his apartment, taking off his suit jacket, he flung it on the couch and slumped on it heavily.

He was exhausted beyond measures, he looked at his wristwatch and it was only 7:30pm, he still had an hour plus before the meeting he had.

He closed his eyes for a minute to take a quick nap, his mind drifted to the supposed meeting he had tonight, usually his father always deal with things like this, because according to him, Nate was too much of a coward to handle it without screwing it up.

Why the sudden change of heart?
Did his father suddenly think he was brave enough to handle it?
And why at Lust? Of all places his father had to go choose Lust, the one place he didn't want to be in.

He had been thinking about it all day.
Was the meeting with Spade?
No he doubt his father will entrust such kind of tasks to him, Spade is dangerous and very important, if it was him then his father would have handled it himself.

Speaking of Spade, he hadn't seen him ever since he threatened to kill him if he didn't stay out of his way, Which has been over two weeks now.
He was somehow hoping his sudden radio silence would morph into him losing interest in the marriage, but knowing men like Spade, that unlikely to happen.

And for some odd reason, a part of him was relieved it was someone like Spade, not that he's any better than any other choice his father would have made, but worse comes to worse, he can be reasoned with.
Or so he thinks.

His phone starts ringing jolting him out of his half slumber, he springs up and takes his jacket, bringing out his phone, the caller ID indicated his father was the one calling.
He sighed out before answering it.

"Nate" his gruff voice came on the moment he answered the phone

"Hi Dad" he muttered

"Where the hell are you"? He asked gruffly and Nate just sighed out running his hands through his hair

"I just got home from work" he muttered

"Plans have changed, the person you're meeting will be there in less than an hour, so you better hurry and meet them there" his father ordered, he looked at his wrist watch and it was almost 8pm, he had less than thirty minutes to get ready.

He let out a deep breath "okay father" he muttered before hearing the beep sound and the line went dead.
He withdrew the phone from his ear and looked at the blank screen.

When is he ever gonna be free from this man and the baggage he carries?
Truth be told he was tired, tired of always taking order, never having a choice or an opinion.

He grabbed his suit jacket and trudged inside the bedroom slowly, he threw the jacket on the bed, his eyes lingering on the bed a second longer, how he so badly wanted to sleep, he could feel his eyes swollen and very tired but he couldn't sleep, not just yet.

He slowly unbuttons his shirt and takes off his trousers before walking into the bathroom for a quick shower.

No soap needed, he was already behind schedule, and if he got there late, he knew what his father would do.
The man was a monster.

The semi warm water his his skin and he just stood under it, letting it fall, unmoving.
His hair was wet and sticking to his forehead, the water was blinding his vision.
He wiped it off and turned off the shower, stepping out of it he reached for the small towel on the rack and used it to clean his face and hair, leaving the rest of his body slightly wet and dripping.

He stepped out of the bathroom, completely naked, with only the small towel in his hands, his body was still dripping with water as he tried to dry it off too.