Chapter 89

The weekend had slowly gone by like a snail, giving Spade more than enough time to think about what he was doing, but it did nothing to help the conflict inside of him.
He hadn't spoken to or called Nate since Friday night, he hadn't even asked Matteo about him.

Even though Matteo was also very busy, with Liam's funeral and other things.
He didn't even get enough sleep the whole weekend, he spent most of his time at the club, and as early as possible he had left the house and found himself at the office again, he rarely ever came down to work early, so you can imagine the shock on his PA's face when he showed up 7am.

It was like he was running away, but from what? He didn't know.
He just didn't wanna sit home and wait, or do nothing and he couldn't go to the club, it was too early, the workers there would probably be cleaning up, and the only other place he could go to was the warehouse but it was also too early to be going to the warehouse, unless he had business to do there and he didn't have any.

Since the shooting at Liam's party, everyone had put a hold on every business transaction they were doing, nobody wanted to be caught in a crossfire with whoever planned the shooting, and him personally, he wanted to catch whoever did it, and be sure of their motives before he dived into any mafia business.

He picked up his phone and dialed Matteo's number, hearing the ringing sound, he waited for him to pick up.
After a while of it ringing, Spade was beginning to think he wouldn't pick up, but he finally did.
"Spade" his voice came through, it didn't sound as chirpy as Matteo would usually sound but it wasn't the hard voice Matteo used whenever he was on a mission or killing spree

"Where are you"?

He heard the shuffling before Matteo spoke again "dude it's almost 7:30am, where do you think I'd be if not at home" and he was back to being typical Matteo, making Spade to almost roll his eyes and rub his forefinger on his temple

"I need you to do something for me" he paused hearing the dead silence on the other end of the line "I want you to pick up Nate from his place and drop him off at work"

"Why, what about you, I thought you always do that"? Matteo asked and he sighed out

"I'm already at work.." Matteo cut him off quickly as he gasped loudly

"Whoa, who are you and what happened to Spade"? He asked over exaggerating the whole thing, Spade fought an eye roll as he could already imagine Matteo creating drama from this

"Just do what I tell you and stop asking dumb questions, go drop him off and you'll pick him up later and bring him to the club" he finished

"Are you sure everything is okay"? Matteo asked, a hint of playfulness in his tone and a touch of seriousness too

"Matteo stop asking questions for once and do as you're told"

"I always do as I'm told" the blonde whined, Spade just shook his head at Matteo's dramatic self before he ended the call and dropped the phone on the table

As much as he hated to admit it, Matteo was right, something was wrong.
There's a reason why he didn't go to pick Nate up this morning and why he's asking Matteo to do it for him.

He didn't wanna see him, at least not now.
Since Friday night, he'd been having this nagging feeling and voice in his head that was telling him, he was getting sloppy, everything about him was changing.
And he didn't wanna blame it on him meeting Nate but that was exactly what it was.

Nate was a distraction to him, and that was the last thing he needed at the moment.
He had a lot of things he needed to sort out, and the last thing he needed was to be having an internal crisis with himself about his feeling and about Nate