Chapter 105

"Spade, what are you doing here"? Nate muttered, suddenly regretting why he asked that kind of question, made it look as if he didn't want Spade there, but on the contrary he was happy Spade had come to see him, even though he left the hotel launching early, he still came by to his place.

"I didn't get a chance to talk to you at the hotel, so I figured you need a friend after the victory" he muttered lowly, Nate's brows scrunched up

"So we're back to being friends again"? He whispered.

His question caught Spade off guard as he didn't know what to say, no he didn't want to be friends with Nate, what he felt for the young man had gone beyond friendship

He chuckled nervously, still trying to maintain his cool, his eyes looked down at the wine in his hand, and then back up at Nate
"I just came by to give you this" he said handing the wine to Nate, who took it still looking at Spade with questioning gaze

It wasn't as if he didn't want the man to be here or that he was mad, he just didn't like the feeling that settled in his chest when Spade called him his friend.
He thought they'd moved past all that, after that kiss he didn't think he could look at Spade as a friend anymore.

"And to tell you that you did bloody great today at the hotel, I'm proud of you" Spade said, this made Nate to look at him, seeing the complete sincerity in his eyes, the warmth in them.

He felt his own heart beat fast and loud, hearing Spade tell him he was proud of him, it tugged at the strings of his heart.
If he wasn't sure he wanted to be with Spade before, now he was fucking 100% sure.
He swallowed hard, not knowing what to say, every nerve cell in his body wanted to jump into Spade's arm, he wanted nothing but to keep hearing that sentence again from Spade.

"I'll see you tomorrow at the club"? Spade asked, bringing him out of his own mind, as he realized Spade was about to leave again

"Do you wanna come in"? He whispered, he thought Spade didn't hear him but the man stopped dead in his track, his eyes crinckling with something akin to amusement and excitement

"Yeah sure" he muttered, Nate stepped aside for him to walk in as he did, he stood close to the couch as Nate shut the door and turned around facing Spade.

He looked at the wine in his hand as he slowly walked towards the kitchen, Spade looked around the house, he sighed out, he was heading home when he realized he'd left Nate at the hotel without even saying anything to him, so he quickly headed back to his house, but he needed an excuse to be here, hence the wine.

He spent more time at the warehouse than he had intended and it still didn't bring forth anything good, so he left eventually.

He didn't know why but his legs moved on their own as he followed Nate into the kitchen, he saw the young man standing in front of the counter, two glasses, he opened the wine and poured it into each cup.

Spade had already walked towards him, standing close to him beside the counter, he felt his body grow warm, his whole mind was now self conscious as he realized Spade was in his kitchen.

They were alone in his house, after they had kissed twice, he didn't know how to react.
He passed the glass to Spade as he took his, they both drank from their glasses before dropping it back down.

Spade's eyes moved around the kitchen, he came here to talk to Nate, that was his main aim, he would have talked to him at the hotel but there was a lot of people and they didn't have enough time.

This was his chance to get the elephant in the room out of the way, the tension in the air alone was as thick as Nate's brown curls
He looked at the young man as his fingers traced lines on the glass, he could feel the nervousness oozing off Nate's body.