Chapter 84

Spade sat in his office at the club, he wasn't really doing anything, but he didn't wanna go home, not if his mind kept circling back to Nate, every single time
But it seemed coming to the club wasn't helping either, because he was still thinking about the young man.

He dropped him off at work today, he remembered the shock and surprise on Nate's face that morning when he showed up at his apartment, waiting to pick him up to work.
But he was relieved the young man didn't protest like the first time.

He liked getting a rise out of Nate, it relieved him and it was kind of like a difference compared to his everyday normal life, having someone like Nate to look forward too.
It was like an out for him from the busy mafia life.

Not that he didn't have anything to do at the moment, but it wasn't worth it if he still had some problems to deal with and think of.
One of them being the shooting that killed Liam, they still hadn't found out who did it, whoever did it covered their tracks very good, not even Matteo could trace them

He was going to have that meeting with Liam's second in command today, it was even almost time as he brought out a cigarette stick and lit it up, he placed it in his mouth, inhaling the nicotine scent of it and feeling the smoke burn through his chest.

Batroix was still unconscious and he still hadn't found a way to go around the problem of arms, since his official arms dealer was shot that night too.

Not that he couldn't just find himself another arms dealer but he needed someone he could trust, someone as reliable as Martineli.
Someone who wouldn't rat him out to the cops, or his enemies, someone who wouldn't play both sides and steal from him.

He had more problems than he could count now, but where to begin, well Matteo was already on it, and he was planning to pay Lucas another visit, there had to be something the man has to say, he can't just be protecting whoever this mystery man is for no reason.

He puffed out the cloud of smoke, it covered everything In front of him, blocking the door.
He didn't see when Matteo opened the door and stepped into the office, but he heard it.

The smoke cleared away and the blonde was standing in front of him, from the looks on his face, he meant business

"Spade, he's here"

Spade just made another cloud of smoke puff out of his mouth as his bored eyes pierced into Matteo's skin
"Where is he"?

"He's in the VIP lounge" Matteo said, his voice coming out as hard as Spade's voice, he got up, dropping the stick of cigarette on the ash tray on his table, before walking around and out through the door, while Matteo just followed behind him.

He walked through the dimly lit corridor and through the stairs, towards the main dancefloor.
He passed by the bar and then stopped in front of the VIP lounge, he twisted the door handle and pushed it open, stepping inside the small sized room, with red couches lined in a circular arrangements.

Liam's second in command was already sitting in the middle couch, there was a huge table separating him and Spade.
He straightened his posture upon seeing Spade in the room

"Ryan" Spade's hard, and thick voice resonated through the small room

"Spade" the man acknowledged back, he had a much tougher face than his boss, with a beardless face, hazel soulless eyes, his face looked rather too long and he was tall too, just like Spade but less muscular.

Matteo and Spade sat down on the couch just a few inches close to him, with Spade closest to him and Matteo beside Spade.
Spade placed his elbows on the round table in the middle, part of his side was facing the man and the other part facing in front of him.
"You do know why I called you here"? Spade asked and the man nodded, his face void of any emotion as his gaze was piercing and hard.
"How far have you gone in trying to find out who shot your boss"?