Chapter 71

Spade walked out of the room, feeling a little bit satisfied with himself.
Although he hadn't exactly gotten what he wanted, but he was able to convince Nate to stay the night.

He mentally gave himself a pat on the back before walking towards the kitchen to meet Matteo, but to his surprise, the blonde was perched on his couch, a glass of drink in his hand as he twirled it in the cup.

He heard Spade's footsteps before he saw him, raising his head, his eyes met with Spade's, questioning him mentally and Spade just nodded his head, as if passing the message across that he'd convinced him to stay.

He sat on the couch close to Matteo as he let out a deep sigh
"Is he okay"? Matteo asked and he just nodded

"Yeah, he agreed to stay the night" Spade mutttered and Matteo just nodded slowly, before picking up the second glass on the table and poured scotch inside it, handing it to Spade.

Spade took it, looking at the liquid inside the cup, he brought it up to his lips and took a swig of it, feeling it burn his chest before dropping the cup back on the table, both of them just sitting down quietly in the room, feeling the silence eat deep through each one of them.

"How did you know"? Spade finally broke the silence, looking in front of him in the open space and Matteo just looked at him, scanning his expression, Spade should know that if anyone knew him better, it would be Matteo

"That you like him"? He asked and Spade just nodded, swallowing hard.
"I've never seen you worry about anyone the way you worry about him" Matteo muttered and Spade just looked at Matteo for a few seconds before facing his front.

Matteo was right, he worries about Nate too much, always pulling his hair, but it was all because he was trying to understand this crazy pull and attraction towards Nate.
He didn't even realize he'd admitted to Matteo that he liked Nate.
He couldn't control himself at all whenever it involved Nate, it was like he was a whole different person around him.

He sighed out running his hands through his face, before picking up the glass of scotch and drinking it all, he would worry about that later, for now he still had unfinished conversation with Matteo.

"You said something about what happened tonight at the party"? He asked again and Matteo quickly sat up straight, running his tongue through his teeth, he smacked his lips

"Yes, I got a few things off some friends, after you guys left, I think they were able to contain the shootings but no one saw the shooter, Liam's men checked everywhere but they didn't find anything" Matteo muttered and Spade ran his fingers through his rough beards, scratching it as he stared in front of him.

"So no one, not even the security outside saw our shooter"? He asked and Matteo shook his head

"No, the security were shot too, immediately Liam was brought down, they were next" Matteo explained, Spade sighed out, Matteo watched him before speaking further.
"There's something else" he added making Spade to look at him with questioning eyes.
"Liam wasn't the only one that was shot" he muttered out and Spade just scrunched his brows
"Batroix, that Russian friend of yours, he was shot too" Matteo paused looking at Spade, the man wasn't reacting to what he was being told, he just kept his expression blank "Martineli was shot too" he added and this time Spade's jaw clenched at it ticked, Martineli was the guy Spade usually bought guns and other weapons from, he didn't even live in New York, he stayed in Italy
"And a few others that you've had dealings with in the past" Matteo finished and Spade just sighed out, feeling a slight throb in his head, he had a feeling Matteo wasn't finished and he wouldn't like the next part of it.
"Spade they targeted people close to you, people they know you've had dealings with and an alliance with, there were other people there that didn't even have as small as a scratch on them, and guess what, they are people you're not on talking terms with" Matteo told him
"People like Hikami, Hobbs, Zahradeen and Stefano" he finished, Spade clenched his jaw at what Matteo just said, he already knew why there was a shooter there tonight, even though Matteo hadn't said anything