53.

Flau'jae Johnson
_______

"You finna lose" I said to Aydin before he stopped and mugged me, "If that's what your coach teaching you, he setting you up"

"Flau'jae now why would you say that?" Tray asked causing me to shrug

"Cause I'm not finna sit here and watch this"

"Flau' shu — can you stop talking?" Aydin asked causing me to just nod and sit back, "Thank you"

I continued watching him go on before shaking my head. Aydin had to get a new boxing coach because his old coach moved.

This new coach is terrible, and on top of that he ain't been practicing.

"Y'all might as well pull him from the match" I said causing him to stop again

"Be quiet" my momma nudged me with a mug on her face, "No he not"

"I'm tryna tell y'all, y'all need to pull him. It's not even funny, he not ready"

"Get in the ring with me" Aydin said causing me to laugh and I could tell he was mad, "You keep talking"

He don't like nobody speaking negatively of his craft. I understand that, but I'm gone be honest with him.

"I'm just saying AB, you need more time in the gym" he sucked his teeth before just giving me a blank stare

"Put on them gloves" he stated causing me to laugh at his seriousness

"If I put on them gloves you ain't gone like it"

"No" my momma said disagreeing, "You not finna get in that ring and box my son"

"No let her, she talk too much. You a girl, you don't know what you talking bout" Aydin said before I just stood up

I'm finna show his ass.

I be sparing him cause I'm too grown to hit him, but I'm finna show him.

"I ain't no girl, I'm a grown ass women"

"Flau'jae I'm not playing" my momma said before I waved her off, "Flau'jae you too big and advanced for that"

"No ma, I wanna see cause this finna be funny. Aydin she finna do you in bad" Tray said before I snickered at him instigating

"You next" Aydin said while pointing at Tray before we both started laughing

"He think he that one, Aydin I'm not playing. Tray gone do you worse, so I hope you got your mouth guard"

"See no, Flau'jae sit back down. How y'all helping him and y'all tryna fight him?" my momma asked before my mouth dropped

"He tryna fight us" Tray said as I adjusted the gloves, "He can get beat up one time"

"She not even no boxer, she can't beat me"

"That's why you finna get beat up cause she ain't no boxer. She finna street fight an — never mind" Tray said stopping mid sentence

I got in the ring before we started going back and forth. I'm taking it easy, so he feel like he doing something.

He got in one last hit before I just actually swung and hit him.