17.

Flau'jae Johnson
______

I wiped the sweat from across my forehead with my shirt. It's hot, I'm hungry, thirsty, and tired.

I'm over it.

I took it upon myself to cut our grass, and now I regret it. Normally somebody cut the grass for us, but they're not available.

It's not my first time cutting the grass, I just regret it because it's hot.

"You not listening, back up now" I demanded to Jaeuh, "And stop playing in the grass, I'm finna make you go in"

"I play with Journei" she said before I grew confused

"Who Journei?"

"Her my friend"

"Well, I need you to go play with your imaginary friend over there" I directed her out of my way and she did as told

I hope she grow out of this imaginary friend phase soon. It's normal for kids to have imaginary friends, but Jaeuh got too many.

It's scary.

I continued to cut the grass before finishing a hour and a half later. This shit done burned me out so bad, I'm ready for bed.

"Pour it in his bowl, Jae" I said while helping Jaeuh feed the dog. Once he heard the food going into the bowl he ran up.

Jaeuh backed up quickly before clutching my shirt tight. She started crying before I picked her up and just looked at her.

"Don't run from him, you can't do that" I said while wiping her face, "He a baby, he not gone hurt you"

"No, I scared"

"You play with him all the time, why you scared?" I asked semi confused before she just covered her face, "You can't be scared of your own dog"

I calmed her down and convinced her to do it. We got Flauko before Jaeuh was born and he was a new born.

So they're the best of friends, but she act scared sometimes. She's intimidated by his size because he's big.

He'a a very playful dog, so he don't cause harm. I just don't want her to be scared of him. Being scared of your own dog is insane.

We wrapped up everything we had going on outside before making our way in.

"Both of y'all smell like outside" Angel said as me and Jaeuh buried her in hugs, "Move"

"You ain't miss us?" I asked before she shook her head no, "Well damn"

"Y'all didn't go nowhere but in the yard"

"And I was out there ready to pass out, you ain't even come check up on me. You a L wife" I said jokingly before she shrugged

"And you're literally the L" she said before we both started laughing, "Go take a shower"

"I am, and I'm going to sleep after I get out"

"That man is coming to switch the ceiling fan, you can't" she said before I sighed remembering

"I'm finna reschedule"

"No, we need a fan in the living room" she said before I sucked my teeth, "And how you going to sleep if company on the way?"

"They not coming no more"

I left and went to take a shower before washing Jaeuh too. She went straight to sleep after getting out, which is good.

After getting myself together, I made my way downstairs. I immediately flopped down on the couch with Angel on my trail.

I feel like a zombie.