37.

Flau'jae Johnson
_____

"Since you got the rundown, you good?" I asked my new assistant before she nodded

I fired my last assistant because she was inconsistent. I'm all about business, I'm all about money.

She was just worried about other shit, and it was annoying. She had a hard time following directions too.

"Yes" she said in a seductive manner before I cleared my throat, "What you want me to do now?"

"As of right now, you cool. Everybody getting ready to go out for lunch if you wanna come"

"Oh yeah, I'll definitely come" she said before looking me up and down, "What you eating?"

"Uh — I don't even know where we eating at"

It just got silent for a second and I purposely avoided eye contact.

"I don't mean to come off as weird, and I know you caught on already. You are just so attractive, like it's hard not to stare"

I screamed on the inside. Why do I keep running into these type of people?

"If you can't control yourself because of the way I look. You gone lose your position" I straight up told her without even thanking her

"No, thank you?"

"I'm not allowed to say thank you" she gave me a weird look before waving me off, "I don't wanna say thank you either"

I don't think she realize that I'm married. Even if I wasn't, I don't mix relationships with business.

Not a good mixture, and I'm confused as to why women still throw themselves at me. I hate it so much because it puts me in a awkward position.

I know how to handle it, but I don't want to.

"That's cool, but I just wanted to let you know. I don't know if it's your face, raspy voice, yo —"

"Aight do me a favor, and keep the compliments to yourself. It ain't gone get you nothing but fired"

"Alright" she said before I sighed in relief

"Thank you, it's strictly business" I said before getting up and walking away from her

She's gonna get me caught up and in trouble even if I didn't do nothing. I had to put a end to it quick because I don't want those problems.

I'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt.

I made my way out where everybody else was. I'm hungry, and been waiting to eat since this morning.

I only had a protein shake this morning.

"We're waiting on everybody to say their ready" Des said causing me to sigh, "How's Shana?"

"She something" I said before she started laughing, "She definitely something"

"What did she do?"

"Nothing, she just a open book" I semi lied while taking a seat beside her

"That's a good thing, right?"

"No" her mouth dropped before she started chuckling, "She just need to work and keep it quiet"

"What did she do?" she asked again but in a confused manner this time

"I told you she a open book"

"Open as in?"

"She say shit that don't got nothing to do with her position. I invited her to lunch with us though, so we gone see how that go"

"Flau'jae" I heard somebody yell my name before I groaned getting irritated

I'm sick of people calling my name.

"Huh?" I yelled back not even knowing who I'm talking to, "Who calling me?"

"Come here" they called again before I realized it was my brother

I got up before heading in his direction to see what he wanted. This better be important cause I don't feel like playing.

"Don't come playing" I warned him cause I'm not tryna play, "I aint in the mood"

"Ain't nobody playing, damn. They said it's raining, so the show for tonight canceled"

"Who is they?"

"Well not they, but momma"

"It ain't getting canceled, I can perform in the rain" I said before he looked at me like I was stupid

"You gone perform and let all the equipment get wet?" he asked before I got ready to respond, "No just be quiet and think about it"

"Yes, nigga"

"Flau'jae if the stadium outdoor how you gone do that?" he asked before stopping me from responding again, "You can't even argue with that"

I kind of laughed to myself because he be so aggravated with me. I don't know what it is, but I lose all brain cells every time I talk to him. M

He just throw my whole train of thought off, and make me feel slow.

"I don't wanna cancel it, that's too much. I'm taking the risk and we still doing it"

"We ain't got no choice, and you was just hollering about how you want a break"

"People want a lot of shit, but they don't get it. Tell momma ain't nothing getting canceled"

"Oh hell no, you tell her" he said while shaking his head no, "You demanding shit now, you got that"

"You scary"

I walked away before going to get my phone. I called my momma before she shut down my whole idea.

She said she already let everybody know. How the fuck did I not know?

Why would she just cancel it behind my back?

Now, we have to go in one by one and give everybody their money back. It's no problem with that, but it's too much.

We ended up leaving going to some lunch spot. Everybody got their drinks and ordered before we just sat there talking.

"Shea ass tweaking" Kilo said while sitting her phone down on the table, "She tripping hard as hell"

"Y'all niggas argue too much" Tristan said while shaking his head, "And be arguing bout the same bullshit"

"No for real, y'all need to stop" I said before she snapped her head at me

"You don't want me to start talking bout you and yours. You really don't cause the way y'all go back and forth"

"Me and mine good" I said not really caring about her getting on us

"When the last time y'all argued?" she asked before I laughed, "Exactly"

"We ain't argue in weeks, we good. This ain't about us, we talking bout you"

"What y'all been arguing about?" Tristan asked before she sighed annoyingly and shook her head

"We went out for quality time, and she gone say some I was tryna be seen. Like, we grown as hell I'm confused"

"Women" I said because that's the statement

Women.

"No dead ass, I'm asking her if she serious. She was dead serious, like what the hell" Kilo spat out before I chuckled, "We ain't gone make it to our wedding day"

I started laughing because ain't no way that's how she feels. That was bogus as hell and I know she told Shea that.

Kilo just be saying shit.

I'm just glad it ain't me doing the venting this time. I'm happy that my relationship is good.

Amen.