21.

Flau'jae Johnson
______

I stood on my word and got Shaniah killed. That was a week ago, and everything been good since.

Back to normal? No

Angel scared that something gone happen and now she wanna move. I'm cool with moving that shit just gone be time consuming.

She so damn scared, and she wanna move to a different state. It's really whatever she wanna do, I'm not really tripping.

As of right now, we're looking at houses to rent out. It'll be temporary until we get our new house built.

We didn't even sit down and have a conversation about it for real. It was just a quick second exchange of words.

It was cut short because I had to leave to continue prepping for tour. I'm in Huston right now and everything is everything, kind of.

"You only talk to me once a day, maybe twice" Angel frowned over the phone, "If I'm lucky"

"Cause I be working the whole day, it ain't on purpose" I informed her and she just stayed quiet, "I know you ain't finna cry"

"No, I'm not gonna cry" she said before slightly laughing, "I'm just being vocal as usual, you say that like I just be crying everyday"

"Because you do bae, you cry bout everything"

"I cry when it's necessary" she said before I hummed in response because I beg to differ

"Don't do that because that's not true, I take at least a day off " she said now laughing before I shook my head

"Right" I said sarcastically

"But bae I miss you, and you don't even care. You neglected me excessively" she said dramatically causing me to suck my teeth

"You know when tour over i'm coming home to you, mamas. Don't start that dramatic shit"

"I'm just ready for it to be over" she said causing me to sigh, "At least we're coming to see you"

"We gone try to do something when y'all come. My schedule tight, so it ain't gone be too drastic"

"Okay, and Jaeuh came home with the color blue today" she said before my mind went completely blank

"What's that?"

"It mean she wasn't listening" she said before I just shook my head and laughed a little, "It's not funny"

"When you the boss you ain't gotta listen to shit nobody talking bout"

"I'm tryna be serious and you wanna play" she said in a stern tone

I'm being so serious.

"Alright okay, what her teacher say?"

"I didn't talk to her because I was rushing. She left a note in the folder saying Jaeuh completely disregarded her"

"It's okay, bae"

"No, it's not cause she needs to listen"

"I don't even know why they got a behavior chart. Them kids ain't gone listen, these is babies we talking about"

"If she listen at home, she should listen at school" she said before I groaned loudly because me personally, I don't think it's that serious

These kids don't fully understand obedience, which is why they're being taught it.

I don't think a behavior chart is necessary.

"She ain't listen one time, which was today"

"But she knows to listen, you know she know that. I don't know why you be righting her wrongs" I just sat there in silence

This conversation finna go left, so it's time to wrap it up.

"We speak on this topic all the time, I'm done talking about it. I'm finna go to sleep, I gotta be up at five"

"So you hanging up?"

"Yes, bae"

"Aw okay, well I love you and you better call me twice tomorrow" she demanded before I made a face a little

"No promises"

"Promise?" I shook my head no causing her to suck her teeth, "Just promise me"

"Aight, I promise" I said before she got happy as hell, "I love you, mamas"

We hung up before I set my alarm clock for five. Rehersal start at six, so a hour is enough time for me to get ready.

It's almost one in the morning,

I turned the lights off before getting in the bed. Hours must've turned into seconds because my alarm clock went off fast.

Another day, another ten thousand dollars bitch.

I turned it off before getting up and making my way into the bathroom. The showers here take a minute to heat up, so I let the water run.

While the water ran, I brushed my teeth and washed my face. By the time I was done the water was hot.

I hopped in before quickly washing a few times and getting out. Since I got here, I been dressing like a bum.

I'm not doing shit but working.

I called the chauffeur so that by the time I'm finish I can leave. I threw on anything before sliding on my shoes.

By the time I was completely finished with everything, I left.

"Alright, I'm gone say this, I'm tired as hell. So, I don't wanna keep saying the same thing" I said making a public announcement

"What are we starting with?" my assistant asked while handing me a piece of paper

"We finna run the whole show from start to finish. I wanna see it for myself, so just run it as if I'm there"

Everybody got in position before I sat down. The music started and I just watched closely. I know I'm a perfectionist, so maybe I'm seeing shit.

They look the exact same as yesterday, a mess.

"Cut, cut the music" I yelled while getting out of the chair, "Just stop, cut"

"I feel like I know what you gone say cause I'm thinking the same thing" Janae, my choreographer said while looking at me

"Say it"

"They look terrible, timing off, energy burned out and all. Y'all are making my choreography look bad"

"Thank you, and it's the fact that we keep telling y'all this. Y'all playing with my money and time, y'all might wanna get it together quick"

"Are y'all tired?" Janae asked before they shook there heads no

"Cause I was finna say, y'all leave before us. When rehearsal and shit over for y'all, I'm still here for hours. Nobody should be tired"

Rehearsal is from six in the morning to six in the afternoon. They get three long breaks within those hours. After they leave, I'm still here working like a slave.

I'm having to make sure behind the scenes is good. I have to worry about myself, lighting, timing, transitions, sound, and etc.

I can't keep worrying about backup dancers. These are professional dancers so for them to look slack is absurd

"Simple, y'all not giving us enough" Janae said before we just sat there in silence

We literally sat there in silence, I'm tryna figure out if they gone get it together or not. I don't play about my business, so in a little I'm finna start making changes.

"What y'all gone do?" I asked them while looking around at everybody

"Y'all keep saying this isn't enough, what if this is everybody's best?" one of the dancers asked before I raised a eyebrow

If this is their best, it's time to pack it up and go.

"I can't dance, so I know when something look crazy. Y'all can't say this is y'all's highest potential because them audition videos say otherwise. I handpicked everybody on this stage"

This finna be another long exhausting day.