38.

Angel Reese -Johnson
_______

I sat in my grandma's hospital room with my cousin. I've been in and out the hospital with her so much, I'm exhausted.

Every time I come, she's getting worse. As I said, her heart is bleeding out and it's bad. Her heart is beating slower than usual, and her breathing is inconsistent.

They put her on a ventilator and I'm devastated. I can barely look at her because she don't look like herself.

"I remember when you first came home from the hospital. I laid you on my chest, and ever since then you been my girl" my grandma said as I just smiled listening

"You know I've always been a grandma's girl" I said before she gave me a fainted smile

"You still is, you just grown now. I can't keep up with you. You too Liyah"

"Grandma I'm always at your house. You see me every week, you be keeping up" Liyah said while chuckling a little

"But I wanna see y'all everyday, I love y'all" she said and my heart just wanted to cry, "Y'all mean so much to —"

She stopped before gasping for air and I sat up. One of the machines started beeping loud and continuously.

"What's wrong?" I jumped up quickly before rushing over to her along with my cousin, "God no you can't do this, you can't"

"Hit the button, hit the button" my cousin yelled for me to push the red button on the wall

I pushed the button and she ran out the room yelling. She was just yelling for doctors to come in as I just panicked.

"Grandma talk to me, you can talk to me" I said while tapping her and she just wasn't responding, "Liyah hurry up"

I already know what's happening, I just don't wanna believe it. I pushed the button again and again.

Doctors came rushing in trying to push me out, but I refuse to leave. It's a dream, it must be a dream.

"We need you to step out, ma'am" one of the doctors said while pushing me back

"No, what you mean?" I yelled as a tear came sliding down my cheek, "Please don't — she's okay, right?"

"We need you out" he said as him and another doctor forced me out of the room

I immediately dropped to the floor in tears. Why did I have to be here to witness this?

I immediately grabbed my phone and called my mom. She's about to get so fucking heartbroken, that's her mom.

If I lose my mom I'm gonna be so hurt.

"The machine went off, she gone. They kicked us out the room, she gone" I said not even giving her a chance to talk

"Angel don't play with me" she yelled into the phone in a trembling voice

"I'm not playing, I'm at the hospital right now"

"God" she yelled into the phone and I instantly heard shuffling, "I'm on the way, I'm coming. Tell them to let you in"

"They not gone let me in"

"Make them let you in and do it right fucking now" she yelled into the phone before hanging up

I can't go back in there, I don't wanna see her. I looked at the time to see that it was time for me to leave.