5.

Flau'jae Johnson
_____

I'm in Atlanta right now working on another collaboration with Kehlani. Our first collaboration was two years ago, and it did numbers.

We released a song called "Again," and everybody loved it. So now, we're working on another song called "Even The Odds"

I'm definitely excited because I'm expecting it to do numbers again. We both made thousands off the first one, so we'll see what happen this time.

"I'm not feeling it, run it back" Kehlani demanded before putting the headphones back on

I just sat there watching as she recorded her verse. The most exciting part about recording with her is the fact that she's singing.

Seeing the way her recording process goes is amusing. The recording process of a rapper and singer is totally different.

Two completely different worlds.

She's more calm, I'm more aggressive and hyped.

"Help me" Au'jaeuh whined while handing me her gummy snacks

"Why you so cranky baby?" I took the gummy snacks before picking her up

I sat her in my lap before opening them for her

"Thank you" she said lowly before I turned my attention back to what's going on

I ended up bringing Jaeuh with me for the three days I'm in Atlanta. It's only day two and all I can say is — I'm ready to go home.

Au'jaeuh's not the problem, I just wanna be in the comfort of my home.

I felt a tap on my arm before looking at Jaeuh, who was handing me the gummies.

"What's wrong, you don't want it?" she shook her head no before sliding off my lap, "I need you to sit down"

She said something but it was kind of muffled. I watched as she just walked around with a blank look. She's tired and I can see right through her.

I asked her if she was sleepy not even twenty minutes ago, she said no.

"Come here" I demanded while looking at the time on my watch, "It's nap time"

"No" I simply got up and grabbed her before taking my seat again

"Let's go to sleep, you want me to go to sleep with you?" she shook her head no before I just shrugged my shoulders

"Well you gotta go to sleep by yourself" she laid her head against my chest with out giving me a hard time

Thank God.

I don't know what it is about little kids, but they love fighting their sleep. Like, I don't understand why it's so hard to just go to sleep.

She went to sleep and eventually it was my turn to record. It took about forty-five minutes to get it together.

I like to record until perfection, so "good" ain't enough. I'll literally record a verse over and over again until it's how I like it.

Eventually, we ended up discussing release dates before leaving.

"You told me to come see you, but you ain't say all these people was here" I told my auntie as we shared a side hug

"I ain't know that was important for you to know. Auntie just wanted to see you while you was here"

"It's okay, it's okay I'm here that's all that matter"

"It sure is, and look at her — oh she is so pretty. Hey, I'm auntie Cee" she touched Jaeuh's leg before she turned her head