Hervé

Present

I'm more anxious because of Fabio's updates regarding my case, and Caren has been requesting more and more of my assets, including the property I paid money for. She argues that she is entitled because she is carrying my child, who I should provide additional attention for and even a comfortable place to live.

Even my mother supports her and is prepared to surrender half of our law firm because she feels it is only fair to grant her grandchild the privilege.

I asked for a letter from the doctor stating that the baby is indeed mine and that I am the father. I told Fabio that I would only provide for Caren's requirements and demands if there was evidence proving that her claims are all true. Fabio, however, suggested that while I waited for the results, I help her with the pregnancy. Until the doctors reveal the results, it is mine, and I am the father because I am the husband.

"If you continue to be so uncooperative now, she will have proof next month—results will be out and if she is telling the truth and that you are, in fact, the baby's father. This will be detrimental to your ongoing case because she can use it to undermine your innocence, accuse you of negligence and portray it as your fault. It will get worse and you will lose more." Fabio explained.

"So you're telling me to just follow her and give all her caprices?"

"Just temporarily, Hervé. If she is lying we can use this as evidence to prove that she's a fraud and using you for money,"

It's challenging since my divorce case keeps getting more complex and prolonged due to her pregnancy; there are many factors to take into account, and the case is now more sensitive because a baby is involved. Fabio is always telling me what needs to be done right now, and no matter how much I try to explain that it's never my fault and that staying away from my cheating ex-wife is my choice, it will never be possible for the time being.

I had to end the call since I had to rush to the office for a meeting regarding the position I've been eyeing for a while.

I have a lot of things that need to get fixed in my life, and I find it difficult to even decide what has to get done first. Along with having my girlfriend waiting for me at home, I have a lot of baggage and troubles in my life. I know she has been understanding throughout the past few weeks, and she doesn't deserve to suffer because of me. The divorce case, Caren's being a victim and the captaincy are too much for me to deal with.

I wish I could just repair everything right away, but that's neither feasible or easy. I truly tried to keep Avis away from my problems since I didn't want to expose her to this toxicity. All I want is for her to be content with me and not be disturbed by my marriage to Caren.

"I thought the child isn't yours?"

"Until the paternity test is done, Av." I answered back. Caren calls so damned annoying and impatient that my phone never stops vibrating. To get in touch with me and have a conversation, she has been phoning the office. Like Fabio advised, I must maintain patience till the findings are known, even if I also hated this.

"This supposed to be our date, you're gone for so long, you're busy with work, and you promised me a date,"

I try not to talk to her about this as much as possible since I don't want my divorce case to stress or concern her. I was therefore a little irritated to hear her probing or questioning me about it. I honestly don't know how to respond to her as I'm getting irritated with Caren right now and her excessive demands.