37

Maldives

At this point, I stand to lose a lot. I am risking a lot of things. Flying is my ultimate dream, and if I make one bad choice, I could risk all I have fought so hard to achieve.

I've grown past the point where I can follow a man I like without any thought.  I am not a young girl who can just blindly chase the man she likes anymore.

I can't help but awkwardly smile and get looks from the crew when we get off the plane. particularly when Deuce was walking ahead of me and I was trailing behind him, holding my hand.

On the other hand, deuce just doesn't give a fuck about it and confidently stays around me while I'm behaving like a sly little kid hiding what it is.

We knew a few of the crew members. And at this point, they get the sense that since they saw us in a private moment and that I travel with Deuce, we're truly official. A first officer taking a holiday with cabin crew. It does sound like a serious, conclusive remark.

——-
We went to eat at a restaurant as soon as we arrived on the island. We loved the bar snacks as well as the great late lunch.

Despite being well-maintained, the island retains its natural feel. I even saw reef sharks grazing right off the coast. The resort was fully occupied, but yet, the accommodations were very roomy, cozy, and well-kept.

My friends are animatedly sharing stories about their experiences at work and i cant help but laugh at them. Nathan was saying that he caught couples banging in the bathroom thrice just this week and he is so over it.

"Please knock on the door to congratulate any two adults you observe using the same restroom; they don't have much room. In addition, get a flight attendant promptly so we can give them a Mile High Club membership!" Nathan imitating a sound as if he's announcing in an intercom.

"Dude! Your jealousy is reeking from here!" Aliw na sabi ni Nicco at pinagtatawanan namin ang fake announcement ng kaibigan.

"These motherfuckers should give me a break!" Reklamo ni Nathan.

"Oh! I remember this one time when you were annoyed with the passenger who was trying to sneakily smoke a cigarettes," excited na turo ni Nicco sa akin.

"We are literally airborne and that asshole tryna smoke!" i added. I remember assisting that guy coldly since my patience was running low trying to explain to him why it is not allowed.

"So how did you handle it?" Nathan urged me to continue excitedly.

"There is no smoking aboard in this flight, if you feel compelled to smoke; feel free to step out on the wing as a courtesy to the other passengers. Thank you." I mimicked what i did that time.

"Oohhh! So he left?" Nathan smirked proudly.

Umiling naman si Nicco. "Nah, he's scared of her and sat there quietly." napahalakhak naman sila dahil sa kwento ni Nicco.

"So sit back and relax... or sit up and be tense, it's your call." Deuce added humorously.

"It is not allowed to smoke in the restroom. Interfering with the smoke detector carries a fine. You would be flying private if you had that type of money. I should have said that but I didn't in the name of being nice and hospitable." i continued.

"But night flights will always be my favorite. Most of the time they're all asleep and that means there will be less requests and calls." I took a sip on my pinacolada. "We hope you enjoyed your flight as much as we enjoyed watching all of you sleep." patuloy ko.

"Yeah but except for the head aches and temple tensions due to lack of sleep and irregularities in timelines."

"I agree with that." masakit nga naman sa ulo lalo na pag hindi normal ang tulog tapos yung body clock mo gulong gulo na dagdagan pa ng sikat ng araw pag land mo sa ibang bansa.