13

Fucked

This industry really requires a lot. It is a 24/7 job. You can't choose and manage your own time. That is why it's necessary for you to make sacrifices for a lot of things. You have to be prepared all the time. But at the end of the day, we are still humans, and we need to rest.

In an aircraft there is what we call crew rest compartment. A space where the crew can have their rest but for some people it can also be a space for other things such as sexual activities between members.

Being a part of the crew, we often choose to ignore the numerous rumors that are circulating about us. I'm here to work, and I will do just that. The tacit norm that governs rostered individuals is to keep that aspect of their work confidential. We don't share what we see or notice with others.

During layovers, hookups are not uncommon. Data indicates that there is a high frequency of sexual activity between first officers and cabin workers. While there are other examples involving captains as well, those are different because most of them are married and being close to them makes you a mistress immediately.

I panicked the moment i saw the uniform on the table. It's wrapped with a transparent bag and it seems like it is fresh from the laundry.

My eyes widened when I realized that my black dress was gone. I immediately stood up and looked for my bag. Loose white t-shirt hung on my body. I'm almost thankful because somehow I'm still wearing underwear. Because I was in a hurry to find the things, the lipstick I was carrying fell on the floor.

"Shit!" pinulot ko yun at inabot ang cellphone sa bedside table to check for the time. It's not locked and the screen plastered 10: 46 am.

Binaba ko ang phone nang napansin ko ang ID sa tabi nito. It's labeled the same as my company ID. Nanginig ang kamay ko at binaba iyon. There's a license on the table and what i saw made me want to just die instantly. Not because i recognize his name but because of his profession.

Hervé Amadeo Faivri Legrand

I still have a flight back to UAE at 3pm. I have to be ready before 2pm for our shuttle pick up. I know there's someone in the shower right now. Kaya nagmamadali akong lumabas ng kwarto dala ang aking bag.

Luckily, my room key was inside my purse! I nearly bent my head in humiliation. I looked for room 3210 and began my run of shame in the hopes that no one would catch me. I quickly avoided going where I was going when I noticed a guest up ahead, thinking it might be one of my coworkers and they would see me doing what I was doing.

Our departure is in 3 hours. Sa pagmamadali ko ay nakabalik ako sa aming kwarto na naka paa lang. I'm doomed if some or even one of my colleagues saw me coming out from a pilot's hotel room. Worse is we're in the same company. Halos buong oras ko sa banyo ay nagdadasal lang ako na sana iba yung flight niya. Na sana di kami magkikita ever!

I hope to forget what happened last night because the world is a huge place. Dinara placed an order for takeout and asked me to explain what had transpired and why I had been sent home the previous morning. I told her what I could recall. Since I just woke up and wasn't in my own room last night, I'm not sure what exactly happened. On the bedside table, there's a man's phone.

"Good morning!" energetic ang lahat at nagbatian nang sumakay na kami sa sasakyan. Di ko magawang maging enthusiastic dahil sa kagagahan ko kagabi. Halos maiyak na ako kakapigil sa sarili na mahiya.

Dinara sat on the left side of the shuttle bus. Sumunod ako pero bago pa man ako maupo ay malakas na bati ang inabot ko nang nakita ako ni Nathan.

"Look who crashed last night?" Biro niya. Gusto ko siyang sapakin kung di lang talaga kami na work setting ay baka nasipa ko na rin siya dahil sa inis ko sa pagtawa niya. "Chill bro." He continued chuckling.