17

Night time

"Damn, easy on my boy, Av." Nathan when he got a chance to talk to me. Hervé excused himself to pay for the bill.

Umirap ako at sumimsim sa hawak na baso ng beer. Sumunod pala siya nang lumipat ako sa may bar counter.

"The night in the club...he's with you on the table, right?"

"I'm with the flight crew members and he's one of them." Tumango ang kaibigan at nagtaka sa biglaan kong tanong.

"You let him bring me back to the hotel," or should i say his hotel room.

"He's the only one who i feel i can trust that night. Come on, Av. Admit it he's not that bad? I think you'll know that better than anyone here even me."

"I can't remember what happened that night. How would i know that he's a better person, Nathan?"

"Because he's my friend? I can vouch for him or—"

"Urgh! Now i really know you're really loyal to him," umiling ako at natawa dahil kay Nathan. He always cheered for Hervé no matter what.

"I dont even know if you're serious or just playing, Av. When you think about it both of you are in equal footing right now. Both of you are trying to weigh each others intentions. So as a friend i would love to see you enjoy and have fun. You're always fun and a classified crazy to begin with." He smirked.

—-

We all decided to rest after the dinner. Maaga pa ang flight bukas kaya nagsiuwian na kami sa hotel. Dahil nga magkasabay kaming lahat ay mas pinili kong umiwas na muna kay Hervé.

He's on the same floor together with other flight crews. Sabay naman kaming bumaba ng elevator ni Dinara at nagpaalam na sa mga kasamahan.

Di na ako hinatid ni Hervé at nanatili lang siya sa loob ng elevator. I smiled at them and waved a good night to everyone.

Usual routine on our flight back to dubai. 8 hours ang byahe at busy ang lahat sa aircraft. We did the usual pre-flight safety procedure demo and service.

Umupo rin sa jumpseat nang may turbulence. Swerte ka na talaga pag at least naka four hours na tulog ka before flight. Mabuti nalang at walang may hangover sa amin at panay inom nalang ng kape pang pa gising.

Received another call bell from the flight deck so i answered but when i heard that its him calling for the fifth time i just had to say it.

"As long as you don't "abuse" the button, we are more than happy to answer your requests using attendant call button, Capt. Legrand."

"Oh finally i've been meaning to talk to a polite and considerate cabin crew for about four hours now." he answered back sarcastically. His request was attended by other cabin crew, sadyang sa pagkakataon na to ay nasakto pa sa akin. I thought he's already done with his requests di pala.

"Can i have hot water, please." he asked hoarsely.

"Fine." He asked for a coffee earlier but i gave it to seat 2F. Now he's asking hot water.

"Thank you." he said.

I prepared his request and walked back to the front of the cabin. Enter the passcode of the cockpit and waited.

Pumasok na ako sa loob at ibinigay ang request niya. Inirapan ko siya nang kinuha niya ang basong dala ko.

Dahil nga kaonting oras lang ang meron kami para makapag pahinga ay mas priority namin na bumalik sa kaniya kaniyang kwarto para matulog. We didn't get a chance to talk about what happened during dinner.