Plan of Attack

Buckle up lovelies

This is another big bOY CHAPTERRR :D

Also-- Gabe-- you little shit--

I like his character, but holy hell did he have to expose me like that-- 😭😭

...

..

.

The group enter the room Kate and the others were hiding out in, Javier removing his baseball bat and lightly rubbing his shoulder.

"Javi! You're back!" Tripp greets happily in relief, rising from the couch as Eleanor looks over from the window. "And... Clement and (Y/N)!" he adds in surprise, blinking rapidly.

"... Thanks for that warm welcome," Clement thanks sarcastically, frowning as he takes his pistol out and checks the ammo.

"Really felt that love," (Y/N) agrees, snickering and rolling her eyes as Clement hands her her backpack.

"Just surprised to see you, is all," Tripp defends, glancing to Javier and pausing with wide eyes. "Oh, hell! You okay?"

"Yeah," Javier reassures with a nod, Eleanor looking over his shoulder with a frown. "It looks worse than it is, don't worry about it."

Eleanor nods at this, "Kate's lying down in the other room for a bit."

Javier looks towards the closed room door, nodding.

"So, you got the guns, huh?" Tripp questions, noticing the duffle bags.

Gabe smiles eagerly, nodding quickly. "We got 'em, all right!" he starts taking the guns out, laying them down on the table. "One for you, and one for you..."

He pauses, walking over towards (Y/N) and Clement while holding two pistols in his hands.

"I saved these for you guys," he holds them out, sheepishly smiling.

"Nah, I've already got one," Clement replies in a monotone, aiming his pistol and looking down the top with a nod before tucking it away. He pauses, his eyes flicking towards the now disheartened Gabe before he sighs. "But... it... couldn't hurt to have another," he manages out, turning to him.

Gabe looks up, blinking rapidly before smiling.

"Thanks, Gabe," (Y/N) thanks, taking one of the pistols and checking the ammo in it in appreciation.

"Yeah... thanks," Clement mumbles, grabbing the other and looking over it.

Javier watches with a small smile, glad Gabe was making friends.

"What took you so long?" Tripp asks, looking over an AK.

Javier's smile falls as he turns to Tripp. "We went to see Doctor Lingard."

"At night?" Eleanor muses, shaking her head. "I'm kind of surprised he was sober... it's gotta be a stressful job, looking after an entire community. Can't say I approve of the way he blows off steam, though."

"The guy's clearly an addict," Javier sighs, shaking his head sadly. "He was destroyed when we got there."

(?) They will remember that

"It would be sad... if it wasn't so reckless," Eleanor's voice shakes with emotion.

Clement scoffs, rolling his eyes as he crosses his arms over his chest. "It's pathetic, that's what it is."

(Y/N)'s brows raise as she tilts her head side to side, rubbing the back of her neck.

Javier walks over to her, speaking quietly. "Why don't you go talk to Kate, okay?"