The Warehouse

...

...

.

The New Frontier guards roughly shove Javier and his group out towards the front gates, aiming guns at their backsides. Javier glares angrily around as they make their way out, a soldier shoving Tripp.

"You're lucky I don't gouge your fucking eyes out with my thumbs," Tripp lowly threatens to the soldier, scowling.

The soldiers stop as they reach the edge of the gate, Javier, Jesus, and Tripp turning to them.

"You hear me, asshole?" Tripp provokes, glaring at the guard.

Footsteps rapidly approach, Ava appearing with a large duffle bug tucked under her arm. She jogs out towards Javier, throwing the bag down in front of him with a hardened expression.

"David packed this," she tells Javier, emphasizing his brother's name.

"He did?" Javier slowly questions, blinking rapidly in surprise. "They said--"

"Start walking," Ava instructs, cutting him off as she turns away and starts walking back inside.

Tripp follows swiftly, eyes narrowed. "What about Eleanor?"

Ava swiftly turns, shoving the man back a few steps. "Walk!"

"Eat shit!" Tripp snarls back, squaring his shoulders as he steps closer. "Answer my fucking question!"

Javier steps in his path, holding Tripp back from Ava as his fists clench at his sides.

"God damn it, Javi! Let go of me!" Tripp grits out, trying to shove past Javier.

Javier doesn't budge, shaking his head rapidly. "This isn't her fault, Tripp. You're mad at the wrong person."

Tripp roughly pushes Javier away from him, moving closer to Ava. Ava's eyes narrow as she rears her fist back, delivering a swift, clean punch to his jaw and knocking him flat on his rear as he yelps. Jesus blinks rapidly in awe at this, looking down at Tripp.

"Do not fuck this up," Ava murmurs to Javier, completely unfazed by Tripp's fallen form.

He stares at her for a moment, Ava turning on her heel and marching towards the gates.

"There's a settlement a few miles west of here," she calls over her shoulder, the gates starting to close. "Don't come back."

With that, the gates slam shut, cutting Ava off from the group. Javier looks up at the guards posted above the gate, the guards watching him closely with their weapons ready.

He sighs deeply, turning to Tripp and offering his hand.

Tripp scoffs as he sits up, smacking Javier's hand away and rising.

"Seems your moment alone with David screwed us over pretty good!" Tripp sneers, shaking his head as he dusts off his clothing. "We trusted you! What the hell, man?"

"Ay dios mio," Javier grumbles to himself, looking up in exasperation. "Do you ever shut up?"

Javier listens closely, picking up the faint sound of walkers in the distance. Jesus notices as well, Tripp even looking back.

"... Occasionally," Tripp finally answers in a murmur, eyes flicking along the woods before he faces Javier once more.

Javier exhales sharply through his nose, turning to the duffle bag. "Let's just see what they gave us."

"Knowing them, it's probably a butter knife and a stick of gum," Tripp sarcastically replies, folding his arms over his chest.

Jesus looks to Tripp with a hint of annoyance, a bit tired of his negative attitude. "They could have just shot us," he points out.