Locked Up

...

..

.

Javier, Kate, and Gabe move through the alleyway, Kate holding her bandaged torso while gritting her teeth in pain.

"... You know this is what David lives for, right?" she murmurs quietly, making Javier look to her as they walk.

"What?"

"A brawl."

Gabe's eyes narrow at this as he looks over to Kate, frowning.

"I only ever saw him truly happy when he was talking about being at war," Kate continues, shaking her head as she scowls. "The world going to shit? I guarantee that was the best day of his life. He gets to live life on the frontline. I'm sure it's like Christmas every morning."

Javier doesn't reply, taking in her words with a frown as he looks away.

"You weren't there, Javi," Kate shudders, closing her eyes. "Not like I was."

They make it to David's house, the raven statue sitting ominously on a post outside.

Ava rises from the porch steps, surprising Javier as his brows furrow.

"Took your damn time!" she hisses, marching over to them and gesturing for Kate and Gabe to get inside. "Come on, we have to hurry."

Javier blinks rapidly as she walks past him. "Wait a second. David told us to come here."

"He's talking to the others now," Ava replies, turning back to him. "Trust me, shit's about to fly. He's gonna need our help. We gotta get on the move."

"Get them to safety first," Javier firmly speaks, nodding to Kate and Gabe. "Then we can go."

Ava sighs harshly. "This is the best way to protect them. They'll be safe here-- don't worry."

With that, she turns and walks swiftly down the road.

Javier breathes out deeply, turning to Gabe and Kate. "I'll come back for you. Both of you."

His eyes meet Kate's, her own filling with tears of concern as she nods.

"You better."

Javier offers a reassuring smile, turning and swiftly following after Ava as Kate and Gabe enter David's house.

...

..

Ava and Javier enter the church, Lingard at David's side with Max on his other as they face Joan, Lonnie at her side and Clint standing off to the side.

"I don't like your tone, David," Joan speaks firmly, her eyes narrowed at the man. "If this is about your brother..."

"Don't pretend like you don't know what this is about," David harshly replies, glaring at her. "You've got a lot to answer for."

"Me?" she incredulously replies, scoffing. "You must be joking."

David turns when he hears footsteps, smiling with relief. "Javi! Kate and Gabe?"

"Safe," Javier smiles, nodding.

"I knew I could count on you, brother," David nods back, a warm smile on his face. "We're gonna fix this, together."

"Of course," Javier agrees, standing at his side as he sharply glares at Joan before grinning to David. "Kate and Gabe are safe. I got your back."

David had a look of surprise and joy, "thank you. It means a lot that you do."

"What's going on here?" Javier questions, glancing around at the others.

"We're just getting started," David replies, turning back to Joan.