48

Author's pov

Ishika and Siddharth were spending some sweet time together when there was a knock on the door. They were a bit dazed because they weren't
expecting anyone.

Sidd opened the door and was surprised.

"Sidd who's there?" Ishika asked him.

"Dadi sa please come in," Sidd said.

Kaushalya entered the room. Tears graced her eyes on seeing Ishika's condition.

Ishika was shocked to see Dadi sa's tears as she never treated her cordially.
"Dadi sa I am fine now, please don't worry so much."

"I am sorry Ishika and Siddharth please forgive me." Kaushalya joined her hands in front of them.

"Dadi sa please don't do this. You sit here and tell us what happened." Sidd told her and made her sit on the couch in the room.

"Siddharth forgive me, I am the reason for all the problems between you both. I am the for all this I am sorry Ishika." Kaushalya said weeping.

"What?" Siddharth said and took a step back. He was shaken at this revelation. He knew his Dadi for some unknown reason didn't like Ishika very much, but why would she take such extreme steps? Ishika was no less shocked than Sidd.

"I thought Ishika married you for your money and would snatch you away from your family. I thought I would lose you forever. You even got engaged without my approval. Then everyone in the family was always singing her name. Both my grandsons listened to her more than their mother. Then you are the entire bowl of the halwa she made. I was distressed and I shared everything with Mamta. She added oil to the fire. She asked me to leave this matter to her and said she would take care of everything. I asked her what she was thinking but she just asked me to not worry, she'll handle it.
Then everything was fine till I heard about Ishika and your fight and her leaving home. I never wanted anything wrong to happen to any of you. Then I again asked Mamta what she did
But she wasn't telling. I got worried so I confessed everything to your grandfather. Yesterday when he questioned Mamta, she spilled the truth and we all came here. I know I did unforgivable but I am still very sorry."

"Don't say sorry Dadi. I can understand your point of view. It's not easy to share the person who adores you with someone else. It's not easy to see the person who only fussed and cared for you to see him prioritizing someone else before you. I can feel you Dadi sa because I went through the same thing when Samrat bhai got married to Brinda Bhabhi. I'll just say one thing Dadi sa, the new person don't snatches your part of love and attention but multiplies it instead. After Bhai's marriage, his love got multiplied with Bhabhi's care. I hold no hard feelings against you Dadi sa. I forgave you with all my heart." Ishika said to Kausalya.

A fresh set of tears came to Kaushalya's eyes, realising her foolishness to doubt such a our soul.

"I haven't forgiven you yet Dadi. You were my superwoman. I'll always love you the most. Dadi your insecurities maybe would have successfully separated me and Ishu but also would have separated me from my happiness, peace and calm. Aapke pass aata bhi dadi par khud se dur ho jata. Dadi sa it's not wrong to feel jealous or insecure but you should have talked to me or at least with Dadu sa."

"Sidd it's ok, dadi sa realizes her mistake now and that's why she is here. When we make any mistakes, we expect adults to have a big heart and forgive us, why can't we do the same if for once, they did something wrong." Ishika tried to make Sidd understand.

"Fine Ishu. Wese bhi dadi se gussa toh mi reh bhi ni sakta. Par galti karne wale ko punishment bhi milti hai na. I don't want what happened with us to repeat with Karthik or Radhika. I won't confront Bua, I want Dadi you to cut ties with bua on behalf of Rathore family. If you still be in touch with her then aapki kasam dadi, I and Ishu will never step into Rathore Mansion."

"No Sidd, I promise Mamta won't be the part of our family anymore. I'll cut all the ties with her. I am sorry Ishika, I promise I'll be a better person from now on. I am not just Sidd's dadi I am your's as well and I'll show it to you with my actions." Kaushalya said to Ishika while caressing her head.

____________________

Suggest the songs here for this chapter, please...

Don't forget to colour the star 🌟