07

Siddharth

My traitor girlfriend left me alone to face her brother. He was staring at me, I was staring at him, it was so awkward.

"Khamma Gani, Samrat Bhai, kese hai aap."
(greetings, Samrat brother, how are you.)

"I am fine, aap ka haal dekh kar lag raha hai ki aap bhi badiya hi hai. Aaiye Siddharth come in."
(I am fine, looking at you, I can say that you are also doing well. Come in Siddharth.)

"Ji Bhaiya"
(Sure brother.)

We both went inside the house, and Ishika was nowhere found.

Inaya saw me and hugged me. Then I remembered the ice cream that I brought for her.
So I forwarded the bag to her and said,

"Please do me the honour and accept this small gift, my dear Highness."

"Oh my god, you got me an ice cream. Thank you so much."

"My pleasure princess, just make sure you keep it safely in the fridge and then eat it tomorrow."

"But I want to have it now."

"But I want to buy so many more ice-creams in the future. But if you had it now, then you'll get a stomachache. Then your Ishi Bua will get angry at me and stop me from bringing more ice cream. You know she can't she you in pain na."

"Okay, will you help me keep it in the freezer? It's so high that I can't reach it."

"Come princess, I'll help you."

I was seated in the living room but my eyes were wandering around looking for my girlfriend. Hungry for just a glimpse of her.

"You spend the whole day together, still your eyes are looking for her."

"No bhabhi, it's not that, I was just looking around. You have a beautiful house."

"My house is so beautiful that you are blushing." Samrat Bhai teased me more.

"Siddharth, I am happy for you and Ishki. I bless both of you to be happy and be together. From a very young age, Ishika just relied on a very few people. Losing her parents as a child she believed that everyone she loves, will eventually leave her. Certain events from her past solidified her beliefs. Ishika rarely ever made any friends.
While juggling between my college and looking after my dad's business, Ishika never once complained about the little time that I could spare for her. She always hid her problems behind her pretty smile. While teenagers were all rebellious, Ishika was the most obedient girl. Though she has never lived in a big family but that girl knows the importance of a family better than anyone else.

Siddharth, I am trusting you with the most precious person in my life. Where I can't imagine a day without seeing her face, now I have to send her off with you. Please Siddharth promise me that you will cherish my girl and never hurt her. I know my girl, she thinks ten times before doing anything, intentionally she would never hurt anyone but even if she ever messes up, please support her." Smart said the last part while joining his hands in front of me.

"Bhaiya, please never join your hands in front of me. I'll always be indebted to you for selecting me for your Ishika. I am blessed to have a partner like her. Just by spending a day with her, I know what a beautiful soul she is. I promise to cherish her and our relationship beyond this life. From today and forward, she has you and me. I'll fight the world for her. You can count on me bhai."

Samrat bhai hugged me and patted my shoulder.

"It's getting late, I think I should go back," I said to Bhaiya and Bhabhi.