26

Ishika's pov

We were both having dinner on the rooftop of the palace. It was a very romantic and beautiful setting.

"sidd today both of our families were supposed to have dinner together

"sidd today both of our families were supposed to have dinner together. They will surely ask for our absence. I haven't even informed Bhabhi about our date." I told him worriedly.

"Don't worry jaan. I told you I have handled everything. I took permission from Samrat bhai and everyone thinks that we are having dinner with the royal family as Amber's mother won't be able to attend our wedding."

"Hww you lied to everyone."

"anything for you meri Ishq." okay, now I am blushing.

"par do din bad shaadi hai humari tab haq se le jaate na mujhe, without lying to anyone."

"Jab pyaar Ishika Maheshwari se kara hai to confess Ishika Singh Rathore se kese kar sakta hu. That won't be fair."
.
.
.
.

Next day- mehandi function

The wedding rituals will be starting from today. Their first function is of mehandi.

Ishika wore a beautiful multicoloured lehenga with simple jewellery and light makeup

Ishika wore a beautiful multicoloured lehenga with simple jewellery and light makeup. Sid wore a white kurta with a multicolour dupatta that was matching with Ishika's lehenga.

It took 3 hours for the mehandi artist to fill Ishika's arms and legs with beautiful henna designs.

Sidd didn't want to apply henna at all but when his mother said that it was a must and he couldn't get away with it, he asked Radhika to make a small flower

Sidd didn't want to apply henna at all but when his mother said that it was a must and he couldn't get away with it, he asked Radhika to make a small flower. Apart from flowers, Radhika also wrote Ishika's name on his palm. An involuntary smile came on his face looking at the design.

Sitting for 3 hours in the same position, Ishika was super tired and hungry as well. Samrat noticed his sister's discomfort. He filled a plate with all her favourite food and asked the hotel staff to bring cushions.

He arranged the cushions such that his Ishki could rest without ruining her mehendi. He fed Ishqi with his hands like he did when she was a kid.

It was an emotional moment for both of them.

"Tu bahut jaldi badi ho gya mera bachha," Samart said while feeding her the last morsel.

"I am and I'll always be your bachha, bhai. I don't even remember the face of our dad but whenever I think about him only your picture comes to my mind. Thank you bhai for being my dad when you were just 18 yourself. You and Bhabhi always treated me as your firstborn. I can't thank you all enough-"

"Shut up Ishika. Tu itni badi ho gyi ab ki apne bhai ko thank you bolegi. Lagta hai jyada hi manners seekh liye hai Siddharth se. Next time ye thank you- wank you bola na tho I'll twist your ears."
Samrat said while he wiped a tear that slipped from his eye.

"Bhai hum humesha sath kyu ni reh sakte?"

"Hum humesha tere sath hai bachha. And look you are saying this now but see, two days after your wedding you'll not even remember that you even had a bhai."

"Shut up bhai your Ishqi can forget to breath but can never forget you."

"promise."

"Ishqi promise."

They both entwined their little fingers, Samarat pecked her cheeks.
They both hugged while hiding their tears and the pain of their impending and inevitable separation.

Flashback

"I promise bhai that I'll never lie to you."
elven-year-old Ishika said in her cute voice to appease her bhai who was apparently angry at his doll for lying.

"Pinky promise?"

"What is pinky promise bhai?"

"If you do this promise you can never break it or something bad will happen."

"Ohh but I don't want to do Pinky promise, she is very rude to everyone in school. Let's do Ishqi promise." she said referring to her classmate Pinky.

"Mera bachha"

They both entwined their little fingers while Samrat pecked her cheeks.

____________________

Suggest the songs here for this chapter, please...

Don't forget to colour the star 🌟