29

Hey Bhagawan!!
I am getting married today. In less than 3 hours, I'll be Mrs. Ishika Siddharth Singh Rathore. How will I manage everything in that new place without my bhai? What if I made a blunder there? Will Sidd's family accept me, will they regret marrying us when they know my flaws?

All these thoughts were racing on my mind while I was sitting alone in my room and a team of make-up artists was playing with my hair and face.
I was feeling so anxious and scared. It was overwhelming.

I asked the makeup people to leave me alone for 15 minutes. My fingers immediately dialed Sidd's number.

S- hello ishq. Kya Hua missing me already.

I- Sidd...

S- Ishika what's wrong, you are sounding tense.

I- woh Sidd...

S- Jaan please say something, don't scare me like this.

I- Nothing Sidd it was something really stupid. Forget it. Bye.

She hung up the phone without waiting for any reply from Sidd. She felt stupid for calling him on the day of their wedding for her silly self-doubts.

But to her dismay, seconds later her phone rang loudly. With turmoil in her mind, she answered the call with shaky hands.

S- Ishika, firstly, don't you ever hang up the phone like this in the middle of our conversation and secondly, remember this nothing, I repeat, nothing about you or feelings is ever stupid for me.

I- I am sorry for hanging up.

S- Now tell me why are you so tense? What's troubling my pretty wife-to-be?

I- Sidd I am scared.

S- why baby? Wait, it is because of what happened in the morning, right? I know I went overboard. I am really sorry jaan that I couldn't control myself. But I promise I'll never do anything that will make you uncomfortable ever. Just because you will be my wife, doesn't mean that we have to take things forward, okay? Take all the time and space you need baby. I will alw-

Sidd's rambling was interrupted by Ishika's loud laughing.

I- take a breath Sidd and listen to me. You are an idiot Sidd. I love you and your closeness doesn't make me uncomfortable. I cherish the little secret moments that we share. Sidd, Thank you for your understanding. I'll be a proud wife to have you as my husband.

S- then why we're you scared Ishu?

I- Sidd what if your family didn't accept me or if they regret getting us married?

S- And you were calling me an idiot. Jaan my family, which is now our family, loves you already. Karthik and Radhika love you even more than they love me.

I- what if I mess up and make mistakes in the new environment?

S- Baby you are leaving your life and your comfort zone behind in Jaisalmer to be with me, so now it's my responsibility and promise to make our new home your new comfort zone. And about mistakes, everyone apart from God makes mistakes, that's a human thing to do. And that's also a way to learn.
Don't worry Ishu, just have some faith in yourself and your Sidd. I'll always be standing right next to you, always.

I- thanks Sidd for this and everything.

S- No Ishika, thank YOU for all the things you are sacrificing for me. Sometimes I feel so bad but then I am way more selfish to have you all for myself.

I- today before the night ends, I'll be all yours.

S- Can't wait to see you. Bye, love.

I- Bye.

I called the make-up artists back and resumed their jobs of decking me up.

After 2 more hours, I was ready, all dressed up in my bridal attire.
I was sitting on my bed when Bhai and Bhabhi came to my room.

"you are looking so beautiful Ishqi. The prettiest bride ever."

"Bri do you know this is the same girl who when she was thirteen hated to wear frocks and dresses? She wore shirts and pants like me."

"you were the reason for that bhai. You have always been my idol and at that time I was childish enough to think that I could be like you by wearing clothes like you."

"Princess you are perfect and most adorable just the way you are. And today you are looking prettier than how mom looked on her wedding day, my little mouse."

Bhai said and I laughed with tears in my eyes. I tightly hugged Bhai. Before my parents had the accident, I had some faint memories with them. And this was one of my favourite memories with my parents. We were all sitting together watching the wedding album of Mumma and Papa.

"Mom you looked so pretty like a queen."

"thank you, my boy. Only you value your mother not like some people who didn't even complimented me on that day."

"I have saved all my compliements for my princess, she will look even more prettier than her mumma on her wedding day."

"No papa, mumma will always be more pretty than this little mouse." bhai said teasing me.

"Time will tell my son. You will be the one to cry the most while giving away your little mouse." papa said.

"I'll distribute sweets in happiness." bhai said and I showed my tongue to him and everyone laughed.

End of flashback.

"Now don't you dare get all emotional and start crying Ishqi. You'll ruin your makeup and look like a witch. Siddhartha bhaag jayega phir mandap se."

We all laughed at Bhabhi's remark and I controlled my emotions, though the make-up was waterproof.

"Ab chalo, neeche koi besabri se tumhara intezaar kar raha hai. Aap dono aayo mi bridal entry ki taiyaari karwati hu." Bhabhi said and went away.

"Chale princess, aapke prince charming ke pass." bhai asked and I nodded.

I held Bhai's arm and we both went to the wedding hall. I was looking down the whole time, feeling real nervous yet excited. Sad yet happy.

_______________

Please Suggest the songs here for this chapter.

Don't forget to colour the star 🌟