XXVIII - Sailor

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Tears slowly formed in Taehyung's eyes as he realized that if Annette told anyone, it would be the end of him.

"How long have you known?" He asked, his voice shaking a little, he started blinking more to stop the tears which started to fall.

"Since we first kissed."

Annette, seeing the confusion on Taehyung's face, tried to explain to him. "I saw a vision. You radiated a great reluctance for our marriage, I could feel you trying to force yourself. Every kiss, hug and touch didn't feel real, you didn't want me from the beginning because your heart was already occupied."

Taehyung couldn't believe what he was hearing from Annette's mouth. "You see visions? Then why were you still with me knowing everything?"

"Like you said, I'll be your wife. I won't rip Jungkook out of your heart and I won't make you love me."

One long tear rolled down the pharaoh's cheek and ran to his lips, to his beautiful smile that was now gone. "Will you still be my wife?"

Annette nodded. "I will." And left him standing alone against the wall of the palace while she went to the bathroom. Annette will be the pharaoh's wife, she must be.

Only now that she said the truth out loud, she doubts her strength again, if she dares to hurt Jungkook. The girl took a deep breath and closed her eyes, trying to convince herself that she would succeed. But she doesn't want to do it even more now that she's seen how weak Taehyung is for Jungkook and Annette can't hurt either of them.

Red hand marks were visible on the girl's neck and shoulders and she felt a small pain in those places. Annette washed off her sweat with drawings too. While she was washing her hair, she pulled at it a few times in frustration and some kind of anger that came out of nowhere.

She thought back to the day Taehyung had kissed her for the first time, not even realizing the mistake he had made.

And something happened that hadn't happened since Annette came to the palace. She saw a vision again.

It was Taehyung and Jungkook in the Pharaoh's room. They stood in the balcony looking at the scene before their eyes, but Jungkook was more interested in the man standing next to him. Jungkook smiled to himself, but inside he felt sad that he would never be able to be with Taehyung.

Not just because they are both men, but also because Taehyung is a pharaoh. Jungkook continued to stare at the pharaoh's face with his eyes shining and full of admiration. Taehyung felt the gaze and turned around, showing his unusual smile that was full of sincerity.

Annette felt a strong feeling emanating from both of them that brought the two men together. When they kissed, Annette felt his lips on hers. She opened her eyes to see Taehyung in front of her.

If it wasn't for Taehyung's kiss, Annette wouldn't have found out about him and Jungkook until later. If the girl had seen that vision later, she wouldn't have felt the pity she immediately felt when she did not know everything.

And how will Annette be able to do this to Taehyung? When Jungkook finds out what she did, he will regret pulling her out of the river.