XIV - Dreams that cut

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Annette stood in the pyramid again. Only this time she knew what was waiting for her.

She turned, walking back down the narrow corridor to go outside before a figure appeared in front of her. When she came out, before her eyes was a desert, an endless desert.

Annette turned around and the pyramid was nowhere to be found. The wind blew, carrying eddies of sand, and the girl blinked painfully, tears pooling in her now sand-filled eyes.

She rubbed her eyes and when she opened them she saw a young girl standing a few steps away. Her light clothes were stained with blood and she herself had crazy eyes. She knelt on the sand, clutching it.

Annette watched from the side. She saw the girl pull out a dagger and aim it at her stomach. Annette continued to stand and watch, doing nothing. And why should she? After all, that young girl was Annette. When the younger version of her stabbed herself, Annette felt a pain in her stomach, and when she looked down, she saw a huge bloodstain.

Her head began to spin, the image would disappear, then appear. Annette fell on the sand, but she did not touch the ground. She felt like she was falling for a very long time, like she was falling from the sky. She opened her eyes and started to scream, but her voice was muffled.

Real death was standing before Annette's eyes. An anubis-like figure stared at her from a few inches away. Annette felt how coldness enveloped her body. That figure stood with her dagger, brandishing it against the girl.

Many words sounded indistinctly in Annette's head, some whispers filled her ears. She heard only one voice clearly because it was right next to her.

"You bring death. You bring death. You bring death."

Annette squirmed while lying on some table. A figure that looked like Anubis repeated the same words over and over, making Annette cry.

She couldn't make a sound, as if she had lost her voice. The figure drew a blade across the girl's body as if creating designs on her flesh.

Blood ran from the open wounds and dripped onto the floor from the high table. Somewhere in the corner, Annette saw a door opening. She wanted to cry with happiness when she saw that Jungkook was there.

But why doesn't that figure with her dagger disappear? Is she still dreaming? All Annette thought about was how realistic everything looked and how she felt.

Jungkook walked up to her and the figure dissipated in the air like smoke.

"Seokjin, I thought Annette just wanted to sleep longer, but she's been like this all morning." Jungkook's face was full of concern.

When he came to her room in the early hours of the morning, he was not surprised to find the girl still asleep. He thought she was still tired, but when he came back a few hours later and found her covered in sweat and unable to wake her up, he hurriedly called Seokjin.

"Looks like she's about to wake up."

Annette turned her head to the side, small hairs sticking to her sweaty forehead. Her brows kept furrowing and her body spasmed.

Seokjin leaned close to her when he noticed the marks on her arms.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook bit his lip in worry.