XIX - Annette

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

"Annette! Seokjin asked for you!"

Annette jumped out of bed when she heard Jungkook. Her legs got tangled between the sheets and the girl almost fell down while she was hurrying to get out of bed.

Jungkook didn't wait for her and ran out of the room leaving the door wide open. Although he didn't say anything else to Annette, she knew that Iseth had gone into labor.

Annette ran as fast as she could, bumping into several servants, she almost dropped vase from the table and hit the wall at least a couple of times, hurting her arm. But it was a tiny pain compared to what Iseth was feeling now. Annette ran to the servants' room, which was completely empty, all the maids had left and only Iseth's screams could be heard.

"Jungkook you better get out." Seokjin said and tried to calm the maid who was crying in pain.

The young man did so, turning to Annette. He could not say anything, his face was full of fear.

Annette walked over to Iseth and brushed her hair from her wet forehead. "It's going to be okay, you're very strong." Annette reassured the maid. Iseth calmed down a bit and breathed deeply.

Meanwhile, Annette turned to Seokjin asking quietly. "How is she? Will she make it?"

Healer looked into her eyes, his own filled with compassion. "The fetus is breech and not coming out."

Annette looked at him as if she didn't understand what he said. But she understood that very well, she just tried not to believe it and shook her head to the side.

"No. No, you have to do something. You have to."

"Sacrifice one or lose both."

Annette felt tears burning her eyes. She looked at Iseth who was lying there already exhausted. It's not for Annette or Seokjin to decide, but maybe sacrifice is better.

The girl gave Seokjin a nonchalant nod and returned to Iseth, taking her hand in hers. Annette felt a spark, but not like when she kissed Taehyung. It was a dark and cold feeling that enveloped Annette's mind, preventing her from escaping.

Images flashed through her mind of Iseth lying in this bed, a small candle flame illuminating her cold skin. Iseth's eyes were dead and staring at nothing.

No, it can't be. It's not a vision, it's just overthinking bad things, Annette kept repeating to herself as she began to breathe deeply herself, trying to hold back the panic inside her.

She smiled at Iseth who just looked around wearily, her eyes darting around the servant room.

"Calm down, Seokjin will get you a potion so you don't hurt so much." Annette spoke, and although she tried to hide cracks of her voice, they could still be heard.

Iseth looked at her future queen and the corners of her lips barely turned up. Annette glanced at Seokjin and he was already looking at her with a face that showed he didn't want to do that.

Annette took another deep breath and turned to Iseth, then lifted her linen garments to reveal her large belly.

"Wha- What are you doing? Iseth started breathing fast, her hand tightened on Annette's, eyes looked around quickly.