XX - Her different eyes

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

With eyes red and dry as sand from crying, Annette stood and watched as Iseth and her baby girl were buried in the ground.

Taehyung was standing next to her, holding her shaking body and trying to calm Annette down. But she couldn't contain her grief anymore when she saw a frozen Namjoon staring at the ground. His fists were tightly clenched as were his lips, which he pursed in an attempt to stop them from quivering.

But Namjoon's teary eyes betrayed him. Annette closed her eyes tightly, not even able to imagine what he was feeling. After all, she had never loved anyone so much, and she had never lost anyone. Because she had nothing.

In Pharaoh's palace, Annette had a friend, a maid, but still a friend who was now lying underground. And Annette will never forgive herself for what she did. Because of her now, Namjoon was trying to cope with the loss of the woman he loved. Because of her own decision, Annette was barely able to stand on her feet before grief overwhelmed her, a pang of conscience tore her apart.

Iseth's pleas and screams were still ringing in her ears, and now that her eyes were tightly shut, Iseth's lifeless face stared at Annette with cold eyes.

If Taehyung hadn't held her, the girl would have fallen. Her knees buckled, she didn't resist them and, still held by Taehyung, knelt on the ground, hands caressing it.

Annette leaned against the sandy land and began to cry, cries escaped from her mouth and tears again painfully flowed from her eyes, which the girl could barely keep open.

"I'm sorry. Forgive me." Annette continued to stroke the ground where Iseth lay.

Taehyung looked at the girl and was filled with pity to see his bride in such a state. Everyone slowly made their way back to the palace or wherever they needed to go, Namjoon also left with Seokjin, unable to take the pain, but Taehyung and Jimin stayed with Annette.

"Annette" Taehyung leaned into the girl, "Please let's go."

Instead of an answer, he got only hiccups from the girl and more tears.

"What did I do?" Annette felt like her head was bursting with agony.

"Annette." Taehyung spoke her name in a harsher tone.

"Don't." Jimin grabbed the pharaoh's hand, "It's hard for her."

Taehyung understood that and he didn't want to sound harsh, but he didn't want to see Annette suffer like this.

Seokjin, who had the exact same guilt-ridden face, because he was the one who cut open Iseth's womb and he extracted the fetus. Healer felt extremely guilty, but Taehyung knew that if Seokjin had known, he would have done things differently.

Therefore, seeing Annette, who was not guilty, but blamed herself, was also difficult for him. Pharaoh sighed and leaned closer to Annette, kissing her forehead as he mumbled something to her and left before placing his hand on Jimin's shoulder.

"Look after her."

It was already getting dark, it seemed that Annette had already calmed down. Jimin was by her side as the pharaoh ordered. Of course, he himself, without Taehyung's order, would still have spent this difficult moment with her.