XI - Fighting in deserts

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

"Jungkook, when I said find something comfortable, I meant comfortable." Annette
emphasized the last word.

"And what's wrong? Light material." Jungkook waved garments in the air.

"When some of the nomadic tribe thinks to shoot me, and when an arrow pierces my flesh, I will be grateful to you for bringing me clothes of light material."

Jungkook's face turned pale. He liked Annette very much and the thought that she was about to leave and go to desert scared him.

Not because he thought she was too weak or unable to defend herself. He was afraid because nomads are cruel and merciless. They cut hoses in no time and then make a necklace out of them. At least that's what a lot of people said.

When Jungkook said that to Annette, he got a different reaction than he expected. She laughed in his face.

"If anyone's going to to cut someone's guts out, it's going to be me."

And Jungkook swallowed painfully after her words. Although Annette looked out of this world with her beauty, sometimes she scared the young man.

For example, the first time it happened was when he was standing at the door of her room, waiting for her to dress.

And when she came out, ready to fight, she was completely different than when Jungkook pulled her out of the river.

Annette's eyes changed and her aura seemed to darken. Now her eyes were also different than usual. They shone with impatience and excitement, some kind of desire.

However, he tried not to look her in the eyes too much, knowing that she was not very happy about it. Also her behavior became more impudent.

Where did that girl in the wet see-through dress go? Jungkook wanted to punch himself in the face. His cheeks heated up, he probably looked like a fool now.

"I know you're good at fighting, but- wait, you never told me where you learned to fight?" Jungkook raised his eyebrows, remembering that he still didn't know much about her.

"Don't frown, or your forehead will be a second Nile in a few years."

Jungkook gasped, dramatically placing his hand on his chest where his heart was. But he got confused at first and put his hand on his right side.

"Like I said, I don't doubt you. I know you'll have a commander with you. But please be careful." Now he became serious, and Annette once again felt a gnawing in her heart.

Why did I do this to him? She kept asking herself.

She smiled at him though, taking the clothes from his hands. "Thank you, the clothes will be fine. Better than this dress." She pointed at her long dress that was hindering the girl's movements.

Jungkook said as he left that he would wait for Annette to come back as soon as possible.

Now that the girl was standing in the room, her heart began to beat faster. As the commander said, Annette was standing at the front of the palace at dawn.