XXV - Under a spell

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Annette got up, feeling someone's hands on her body. She swallowed and felt a stinging pain in her throat and when she tried to turn around, she hissed at the pain in the bottom of her stomach.

The man who had hugged her from behind woke up and released his hands from the girl's waist. Annette could now turn and look, expecting to see Taehyung, because all the nights she spent in his room, he always hugged her tight and wouldn't let go when she slept.

But she saw those brown, slightly puffy eyes staring into her unusual ones.

"How are you?" Jimin asked, his morning voice lower.

Annette gaped as she tried to speak, but her voice cracked and her throat hurt badly. The girl put her hand on her neck and tried to clear her throat to speak.

Jimin got up and took the water from the table and helped Annette drink. As she tried to sit up, the pain in her lower abdomen increased and she couldn't help but notice the nasty looking horizontal wound.

Her head began to tingle, a shiver ran down her spine and she saw several images, one of it was a dark figure.

"I...I don't remember." Tears welled up in Annette's eyes, she felt so disappointed in herself.

"Seokjin thinks it's punishment," Jimin said and Annette looked at him. "This is punishment for your sins."

Jimin sat down next to the girl and tucked a few stray strands of hair behind her ear.
"Why did you kill that nobleman?"

"It's part of the plan." Annette said quietly, but only because her throat hurt from screaming. There was no doubt in her voice and the commander sighed, realizing that she was stubborn and would do what she planned.

"You will suffer for this. If those demons appear to you tonight, it will confirm Seokjin's words. You will have nightmares to pay for that man's life."

Annette saw a necklace with small green beads hanging on Jimin's neck and she grabbed it, pulling him closer to her.

"Why do you care so much what happens to me?" She asked even more quietly. "Plan how to get rid of me, rather than save me."

The commander looked at one and then at other Annette's eye, unable to choose which one to look at. Her different eyes seem to reveal the two people inside her, the two sides. One color represented Annette's determination and stubbornness, and the other - sensitivity and pettiness.

Or those colors in her eyes could mean completely different things that no one knows or understands. Jimin could feel her still pulling his head towards her, holding the necklace.

He licked his lips, thinking. "I should plan how to get rid of you because you are a problem, a big problem for Taehyung, all of Egypt and me. I should get rid of you, but I can't because you are too deep in my mind, in my heart." Jimin admitted, making Annette let go of his necklace and look at him with a surprised face.

The girl did not expect or anticipate this. What scared her the most was that she saw everyone in her visions, maybe vaguely, maybe inaccurately, but the girl saw everyone.

Except for Jimin.

Annette hasn't seen Jimin before or now and she doesn't see him in the future. Therefore, even if she got rid of her plan and stayed in the palace as the pharaoh's wife and queen, but was with Jimin behind Taehyung's back, she wouldn't know what was waiting for them together.