XV - Letting lies into his heart

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Jimin spent the whole night next to Annette. He was angry when he found out from Hoseok that healer left with the pharaoh.

Why did Taehyung need Seokjin and Jungkook when the vizier was with him Especially since Seokjin was at Annette's in the morning and knew that she was sick.

Commander let Hoseok rest and told him not to worry because he promised that he would always be there for the girl. How could he not be there for her?

Jimin has known Taehyung since childhood. They were great friends, just like their fathers. Commander knew that his friend did not want to become a pharaoh and after the death of Taehyung's father, he was always with his friend.

"I don't want to be like my father." Taehyung put his hands to his face and then brushed his fingers through his hair, plucking it out of desperation.

"Taehyung, I know you will be a great pharaoh."

"Why can't I be a warrior like you? I don't want to marry. I want to be free." Taehyung said looking out the balcony into the distance.

Jimin looked at his friend's side profile, seeing small tears at the corners of his eyes.

"But you are free."

"No, I am like sand of deserts and I scatter where the wind blows."

"I'll block you from that wind." Jimin said confidently, but Taehyung just laughed painfully.

"No, Jimin, I'm afraid even you won't help me. I'm constrained. And when I have to marry, I'll be even more constrained."

Jimin knew that marriage would be a pain for Taehyung. Therefore, he was surprised to find out that his friend was looking for a wife.

Pharaoh could have had many whores, his marriage could mean nothing to him, he could spit on that wife like she was worthless. But Taehyung wasn't that kind of man.

And Jimin, knowing that Taehyung was looking for a wife, also knew that pharaoh would give his all to that woman. So why would Taehyung do it anyway if he didn't want to marry and he could not to?

When Jimin came to the throne room on the day of the fight, he didn't expect to see what he saw.

And it was Annette.

She was wearing a mask, so to say that Jimin was interested in her just because of her looks would be wrong. He felt impressed to see a woman fighting like this. You will rarely meet one. like Annette. Even some soldiers don't show the passion to fight that Annette showed.