X - Commander

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

It was a very sunny morning. Annette decided not to sit in her room and go to the garden. When she opened the kitchen door, a blond man was standing in front of her.

Annette stared at him with wide eyes and stepped aside, letting him through. The commander took a few steps, but before Annette could enter the kitchen, he gently grabbed her wrist, stopping her.

"Do you want to go to the deserts with me tomorrow?" He still did not let go of the girl's hand.

Annette stood looking at him and furrowed her brows.

"To the deserts? Why?"

"The nomads are getting closer to the city, they need to be stopped." The commander explained and now let go of her hand.

"Why me? Soldiers are supposed to do that. And I have to be here" Annette didn't understand why he wanted her to go along.

After all, now she is the future queen. She should be in the palace, taking care of it and things in there, not traveling to the deserts. But of course, Annette found the idea tempting.

"But do you want that?" He tilted his head, his blond hair moving too, falling over his eyes.

"It's my duty." The girl said, her voice lowering as her eyes.

The commander, seeing this, only said "If you change your mind, be in front of the palace at dawn tomorrow." and walked away, leaving Annette standing by the kitchen door.

She touched her hand that commander was holding, still feeling the warmth of his hand on her skin. Annette shook her head a little and went into the garden.

In the garden, she saw vizier, who was standing in thought. His wide and plump lips were slightly compressed.

When he saw Annette he smiled, showing his deep dimples.

"Nice morning isn't it?" the vizier spoke.

The girl nodded and looked around. A little further on she saw Iseth watering the plants. Annette was upset to see Iseth struggling as she kept stroking her round belly panting and wiping the sweat from her forehead.

"Could she stop working now?" Annette asked the vizier, turning to him.

"I told her she should rest, but she was stubborn and didn't listen to me." The vizier chuckled.

"Well, it's probably because you look so nice as a vizier."

"Please call me Namjoon," he said as they slowly started walking. Then he continued on. "I don't know why you thought I would be unpleasant. You must have imagined life in the palace quite differently."

Namjoon was telling the truth. Annette really thought that the servants would be treated like slaves in here. She had formed a completely opposite image of the pharaoh than he was. She thought that the pharaoh would be grumpy, sitting on his throne and only waving his hand for the servants to bring him something, while he was doing nothing. She imagined young girls sitting around him while he enjoyed their company.

But Taehyung was an ordinary man. Well, he acted like it around her the night they talked. It almost seemed like he did not want to be pharaoh.