VI - Sound of daggers and heartbeat

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Annette stood facing the other girl

Annette stood facing the other girl. The girl was shorter so Annette thought it would be easy to win. She didn't notice vizier's gaze
"I knew you will come."

There was a brief moment of silence. Two young girls stood facing each other, determination gleaming in their eyes. A hushed anticipation hung in the air as onlookers gathered to witness this extraordinary contest.

Pharaoh, without rising from his throne, clapped his hands. The girls stepped back, lifting their right hands up and extending their left hands forward.

The fight began. Annette clenched her daggers and swiftly moved towards the girl. The dance of blades echoed through the throne room.

The girl, though small, was strong. They spun around each other, their hair swirling behind them. Annette lunged, trying to hit the girl, but the girl skillfully parried Annette's daggers.

Annette grunted, swinging her arm, hitting girl's golden mask with her dagger. The girl turned her head in pain and couldn't stand firmly when Annette was already behind her, left hand squeezing her neck. But the girl lifted her leg, kicking Annette away.

Annette quickly recovered, realizing it had to end. She spun, extending her right leg to make the girl fall. The girl painfully dropped on her back, and Annette turned her daggers in her hands. Applause erupted.

The girl removed her mask, took a deep breath, and looked at Annette disdainfully. Annette also removed her mask.

As the fight progressed, the crowd watched in awe. The Pharaoh, observing from his throne, remained stoic.

His vizier, seated to his right, watched Annette's every move with interest. Annette didn't notice. She also didn't notice the sharp as her daggers gaze from the man sitting to the Pharaoh's left.

"Put on your mask," Annette tilted her head slightly, smirking. "Let's not scar that pretty face."

The girl frowned angrily and jumped on her feet, ready to fight again. Annette attacked, never taking her eyes off the girl. The girl felt uncomfortable under the gaze of those strangely colored eyes.

It seemed that girl diverted her attention from the fight, as she didn't even notice Annette throwing one of girls daggers away.

The girl grunted, trying to attack Annette with her other hand, but after a moment, her second dagger slipped to the floor.

The girl ran to the wall, where she had picked daggers before. This time, she picked up an axe. Annette dropped her daggers, even her own and did the same, grabbing a spear. The girls circled each other again.