VII - What awaits us?

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Annette returned to her room. It was already late, and she felt tired. New and clean clothes were laid out on the bed - probably brought by Iseth.

Annette considered Iseth a good woman, because she doubted she would raise a child with love if she was in Iseth's shoes.

She wouldn't give birth at all. Probably, realizing that she was pregnant, Annette would try to drown or end her life in another.

Not just because she herself would be unhappy. But also because that child would grow up unhappy. He would not be loved, Annette would probably look at him with contempt.

Because of that Annette thought that Iseth was brave and kind-hearted. Because even if she was raped, she will still give birth to a child and raise it. Which can cause more trouble as she has a lot of work to do at the palace and will soon have a baby to take care of.

Annette knows what it means to be unloved. Although Amina raised her as her own daughter, Annette never felt mother's real love. In fact, she doesn't remember her parents very well.

But she doesn't try to remember them. Why should she think about people who left her? Annette was not very empathetic - her thoughts about how she would act if she found out that she was expecting a child from some man who raped her were enough. Perhaps she is like this because she often lacked sincerity from others.

Everyone often looked askance at her not only because she lived with Amina and everyone thought she was just like her. But also because she stood out from the others.

Those eyes of hers.

They always attracted too much attention. Annette could not talk to anyone normally - a person would immediately stare into her eyes, without choosing which one to look at.

The easiest conversation without staring after Amina's death was with Jungkook. He was a pure young man.

In the short time Annette spent with him, she smiled more times than she probably had in her entire life. Only she couldn't talk to him honestly without feeling a pang in her heart.

The girl lacked sincerity not only from others, but also from herself. She was almost never honest with herself, constantly gnawing at herself with her thoughts.

She never liked the way she looked. She just wanted to be like everyone else. She wanted to be free, free from herself.

But no, she had to constantly fight with herself. Inside her was a completely different person, constantly trying to break out. It was getting harder and harder for Annette to hold herself back.

But she knew that as long as she lived, she could not release what was inside her. But maybe it was all just in her head.

Annette was sitting on the bed, staring at one point.Her head was spinning.She then remembered that Seokjin had given her a small bottle with nothing written on it the other day.