A few moments passed. But the griffin still didn't move.

As everyone looked on, Raymond realized something strange.

'Why isn't the healer's self-defense working?'

His self-defense was always triggered when he was in a combat situation, but there was no message.

'Does that mean it doesn't want to fight us?'

Raymond's eyes narrowed; indeed, the griffin hadn't done anything aggressive, except spew threats.

'... It doesn't seem to have a good complexion, is it my imagination?'

No, it wasn't an illusion.

Raymond examined the griffin and realized it was breathing heavily.

'There's something wrong with the way it's breathing, it's ragged, and there's something inside it!'

Thank goodness!

They could easily capture this powerful beast.

"Elmud, attack him now...!"

He gave the command to attack.

An unexpected voice rang in his ears.

[Enchanted Human.]

"... Huh?"

Raymond's eyes widened.

The Elder griffin was looking straight at him.

Its eyes filled with anguish.

[Please, save me.]

***

Raymond was puzzled by this unexpected development.

'A griffin talking to me in my head?'

Griffins are highly intelligent creatures, especially the four-winged Elder Griffins, which are said to have an intellect comparable to that of humans.

It is also said that the three great powers of the Cross Alliance Empire utilize the characteristics of the Elder griffin to operate an aviation corps called the Griffin Riders.

'No, but this is the first I've heard of them being able to communicate directly with humans in their minds?'

The way griffin riders communicate with griffins is similar to the way dolphin trainers communicate with dolphins.

It's through certain signals, not direct speech.

'But how?'

It didn't take long to figure out why.

A message came to mind.

[You encountered a powerful beast, and your skill, Cat's Allure, is activated!]

[The opposing demon responds to your mesmerization! You can temporarily communicate with it!]

[Attempt to 'seduce' your opponent?]

"......!"

Raymond's mouth dropped open, it was the skill he had gotten in the Cat Village!

'What kind of demon...'

Raymond looked at the griffin's towering bulk.

It looked like it would take out a weak(?) healer like him with a single blow of its nails.

'I don't like monsters.'

Not caring, he was about to order Elmud to attack once more.

'Wait. Isn't it possible to seduce the griffin and ride it?'