Chapter 39

The moon was covered by voluminous clouds, casting a gloomy setting on the dusk sky night. Gusts of wind swayed the greenery at the border as the paved trail separated the dense forest from the serenely sleeping pack of Daegu. The grass path that is adorned with wet spots from the light rain starts with a light drizzle.

Thunder came as if to enrich the cloud-conjured sense of midnight.

Jungkook jolted softly at the loud roar of the greyish-lit sky.

"Looks like a storm is coming. You guys should stay here for tonight." Jimin spoke closing the curtains of the glass windows as taehyung and Yoongi just finished their dinner.

Both alphas took a lot of time after their discussion. Yoongi has to comfort his childhood friend and pull taehyung together before they lose the fight.

It was almost midnight when the Kim couple left the min residence.

Despite, the min couple's courtesy and generosity of offering to stay the night at their home, taehyung found no courage to take any more from his hyung than he already had.

So they ended up with a decision to spend the night at the pack house because Kim's mansion was a bit far away from the pack and with the storm lurking just behind their back, taehyung decided not to risk it with his pregnant wife.

"Taehyung, just listen to us and stay the night here. Look even the rain has started... How are you-"

"Jimin-ah, we will be fine. Packhouse is just 10 minutes away. I'll let you guys know once we reach there and I have to meet the committee first in the morning regarding everything that happened today so it would be better to stay at pack house." Taehyung assured the couple with his arms secured around his sleepy omega.

Jungkook was feeling tired after the doomsday and his body desired some much-needed rest.

"Okay, hyung. We should leave now before it rains heavily. Jungkook needs to rest too. I'll text you once we reach there." The Ravenette bid the couple goodbye as he carefully led his sleepy mate to the car closely parked at the main door.

Taehyung had his one hand occupied by an umbrella as Yoongi helped him adjust jungkook in the passenger seat without getting any of them wet.

"Thanks, hyung."

"Take care. And don't forget to text." Yoongi stepped back to his mate and both smiled each other bye before taehyung drove the car away from the min residence.

It was raining cats and dogs until the couple reached the pack house.

Taehyung was glad that they decided to stay here instead of driving all the way to his home or they would have been stuck in the middle because of the heavy downpour that just began a few minutes ago.

Alpha gently shook his mate awake as they entered the well-lit giant hall of the building.

The elder committee lived in the pack house but their quarters were in another wing while the private rooms specially allotted for the leader's family were in the opposite wing to maintain privacy.

Taehyung had to pick up the blonde sleeping beauty as he felt insecure about jungkook tripping over his sluggish steps.

"Mm... I wanna sleep"

"We are almost there, my angel."

Alpha tucked his sleepy mate in the bed after taking Omega's shoes off.

A warm press of lips on jungkook's forehead lasted for a good minute before taehyung took off to shower.

•••