Chapter 38

Happy moments don't last long.

That's what we all have been taught since we were born and the Kim couple have already seen the peace and serenity of the past few days disappearing as soon as they entered the pack.

The pack people were Leaving the not-so-welcoming glares as their car passed by the small group of crowd.

The atmosphere of the pack only grew dense and tense when they reached closer to the pack house where Dong Gun have asked taehyung to visit first.

Taehyung and jungkook had no clue of what they were about to face.

A large crowd of pack people was taking up a huge space in the vast garden of the pack house while taehyung's parents and his father's guard dog along with Jimin and Yoongi stood on the huge gazebo in the middle.

The air was full of thick tension with people grimacing at the couple like they had done something wrong to their ancestors.

Taehyung's alpha was already feeling the urge to keep their mate safe by all the angry pheromones suffocating the air.

He carefully parked the car and held open the door for his mate who was quick to button up his oversized coat before getting out of the car.

The furious eyes and scowling faces of people made jungkook lean into his husband's chest as they walked on the pebble path towards the gazebo.

Everything felt so intimidating and unsettling.

Taehyung knew something must've happened while they were away because when he glanced at his childhood friend, yoongi just gave him one blink and a serious look that said 'Something bad is about to happen so be prepared for the worse.'

Alpha's hold around his mate only tightened once they climbed the steps of the white gazebo where his parents were standing with their usual blank faces.

But their darkened eyes said more than their expression could convey.

There was definitely something wrong and once taehyung saw the elder's committee and all the members along with his grandfather making their way towards them, he knew whatever it was, it was not something small.

His alpha already positioning himself for the worse.

One of the members of the committee stepped forward with the official letter with a seal of Seoul Elder's committee logo.

"Kim taehyung, the next heir alpha and the soon-to-be leader of the pack Daegu, we have received a confrontation regarding your mating with the omega whose identity is still not known. The people of the Daegu pack along with the elder's committee have shown an aversion towards this mating and have not given any permission or agreement to this bond. So as per the rules, we don't consider this bond official nor your mate as the future Luna of the pack. We consider 'your omega' an outsider and people of the pack have shown their anger towards this unofficial mating and bonding, and ought to evict the omega from the pack as his character is regarded to be an utter disrespect to the 'position of Luna' we respectfully ask the Alpha taehyung to break the bond and send the omega back to the place he belongs." A beta man walked back after a respected bow.

Every vein of Alpha's neck and forehead was throbbing with an immense wrath at the words spoken about his mate and their pure bond.

His alpha was almost on the verge of transforming into a wolf and cut the man into shreds. Only the thought of his pregnant mate was keeping his sanity at bay.

From the corner of his eyes, he can see his father and grandfather's lingering smirk as their mother looked a happier than ever.

His hands were still cradling his mate to his chest before a shout from the huge crowd made his attention shift to the public.