Chapter 17

It's been two days since the new moon elapsed. The mated couple had been joined to the hips. They can't even bear the three-foot distance between them. Always stuck together cuddling, kissing and touching. It has become their new love language in a mere two days old daily routine.

After taking run in the wilderness, taehyung thought about taking his omega out for some fresh air. Jungkook must be bored staying all day in the house while taehyung goes out for runs and collects wood for the fireplace.

Today, alpha thought of taking his mate with him to amass and chop some wood in the forest. The atmosphere wasn't chilly, it was rather sunny today. Soothing clear blue sky and nice warm air. Usually,  jungle is cold when they had shifted to the place but trees also have their sunny days.

"Darling?" Taehyung peeked inside the kitchen while getting ready to go out. 

After finding the kitchen empty, alpha checked their bedroom where his mate was folding their washed and dried clothes in a neat pile. 

"Baby." Taehyung spoke to get his wife's attention who was too immersed in his task.

"Hmm, you needed something alpha?"  Blonde asked watching his mate approaching him. 

"I am gonna go chop some wood for a fireplace but I was wondering if you want to come along with me? Weather is also nice outside, so wanna join me, love?" Taehyung asked looking at his mate with hopeful eyes. He would love to have the company of his wife. That's how it is been since they've mated. Taehyung don't want to be separated from his mate and his alpha wanted their mate to stay before his eyes almost every second.

Jungkook thought a little looking at a pile of clothes, it was his last chore and they have already finished their lunch so he don't really have anything to do after this so why not go outside? It's been days since he has stepped outside after their mating. 

"Okay alpha. Please give me a minute I'll change my cl-"

"It's fine. There will be no one so don't worry plus this dress looks nice on you. You won't feel the heat in this. It's little warm outside so don't change it." Taehyung ensured not leaving any chances to compliment his mate. It has become a habit and jungkook always feels giddy whenever his alpha praises him.

They locked their wooden cabin house and walked into the woods, holding hands. Taehyung doesn't want his mate to get lost or left behind while he leads the way so he held his wife's hand in a gentle but firm grip. 

Jungkook couldn't keep his smile when he saw his alpha being all caring and protective. He loves how taehyung always thought about him like he did today. Alpha is very thoughtful to bring him outside. Maybe if there was some other alpha then they wouldn't have cared about such things. They are most likely to keep their mates locked at home all day just because they don't want any outsider to look at what is theirs so poor omegas are always locked into four walls of the house. So cruel.

The couple arrived at the spot where the woods were less dense and the sun can spread its glowing sheen upon the earth. Blonde saw a few already fallen trees around. It must be because of strong winds and storms. 

"Babe, sit here. It's a shade here so sunlight won't come on you directly. I'll cut that tree over there." Ravenette said helping his wife sit on the long log under the shade of a tall tree. 

Taehyung brought the axe with him so he commenced his work collecting heavy logs from around and placing them in the center just a little far from where jungkook is sitting but still close enough for him to be seen by his mate. 

Jungkook admired his alpha's strength when raven haired lifted a heavy trunk of wood on his shoulder and throw it on the ground. Blonde realised It was indeed hot today.