Chapter 35

Jungkook muses, what else was left? Bidding of his love. The pricing of his mating bond. An Auction of the marriage certificate he signed with taehyung?

Omega wished to laugh at the senior alpha's face.

How can he tell the value of the mark on his neck? How can any wolf even put a price tag on something so pristine and sacred?

Jungkook sneered at Joon Ho.

"Is this the worth of a mating bond and pure love in your eyes, Joon Ho-ssi? Do you even realize that you are trading your own grandson's happiness?"

Old Alpha was quite impressed by the Omega's courage but he also felt threatened by jungkook's words.

"Omega, you don't have any right to call me by my name. I am a member of the community so show some respect, how dare you question elders huh? Do you not even have basic manners? It's alpha for you."

Blonde stared at the man emotionless. His visions reflected no fear. He was afraid to face Joon Ho till yesterday however, now when he had no way but to face the danger, he became a warrior on the battlefield left with no choice but to fight.

"I respect your age, elder Kim. But I only call my husband, and your grandson with rank. Only he is my Alpha. In my eyes, nobody else deserves that title." It was a slap to Joon Ho's face that jungkook didn't really care about his position or power.

"You really are a mouthy bitch as people say."

"People? No, it's your dear daughter-in-law who has honored me with that name and I must live up to my title or it'll be disrespectful to my sweet mother-in-law."

The ferocious omega wolf charged without using its claws. His words were his weapon.

And one must say, jungkook was no longer a poor little omega who lived a hard life, with whom life always played unfairly now that omega was no longer pitiful or scared.

The pup inside his belly didn't make him fragile. It made him strong. A mother. The title is more powerful than the warrior itself.

Joon Ho's mouth betrayed him as he gaped at the omega before him with broad eyes. He was taken back completely.

Jungkook enjoyed the stunned alpha's  prideful shield crumbling like a pack of cards.

Blonde walked away leaving the shocked Joon Ho shell-shocked in the garden. Omega thinks it was way exaggerated reaction to his spicy response.

Nevertheless, he didn't pay it more attention and failed to notice the old alpha's prideful frame shaking like a leaf in winter.

•••

It was almost noontide when taehyung returned home. Alpha had a dazzling smile adorning his charmist face which left every head of servants crooking their heads to get a glimpse of that smile for longer. Their young master rarely let such happiness reflect upon his face after turning fourteen but after the arrival of a certain omega, they had been seeing it quite often.

Despite learning the truth, servants and maids of the Kim mansion adored jungkook. They never judged him for his previous title. They never misbehaved with Omega for his past and always supported him behind the shadow of Hyemi.

It provided jungkook a hope that maybe, not all the pack people hated him. Some have already accepted him. They might be very few in numbers but Omega appreciates every tiniest support they gain.

Taehyung walked straight in the widely spread arms of his beloved omega who had the biggest rabbit grin making his face look identical to a 'hahoetal' mask.