Chapter 40

Ki POV a couple weeks later

Man these last few weeks have been absolute hell. Not only has Dakota put hands on her cousin but it was caught on tape.

Not only was it her cousin who filed but her father made a statement too.

"Which one?" She asked holding up 2 different blazers. "The black, that grey look ugly." I said and she nodded. Today was her court day, I didn't know what she was planning to do but hopefully not something stupid.

"Would you hold me down?" She asked and I nodded. "With no doubt why?" I answered. "No reason just a question." She continued getting dressed while I sat on my phone. "Baby?" I put my phone down. "Yeah?" She sounded tired which is understandable.

"Come here." I held my arms out and she crawled into them. I know she's hurting right now and trying her best to keep it together but she really doesn't have to around me. One thing she don't ever wanna talk about is her feelings and I understand that.

"Can I tell you a secret." I said to Dakota and she hummed. "I'm pregnant." I said smiling and she snapped her head up. "Deadass?" She had a wide smile on her face and i nodded smiling also. "1 month pregnant baby." She put her hand on my stomach. "See I knew you was getting big but Ian wanna say anything you know." I rolled my eyes and mushed her head.

"Shut up."

"I'ma have to do some time though ma. I was planning on pleading guilty because if I go not guilty I'ma get more." I rubbed the side of her face and nodded. "Okay how much?" I asked. "about 8 but on good behavior that's 5." She answered and I nodded.

"Finna be one of the judges quickest cases." I joked. "My lawyer finna be pissed though, oh well." She said shrugging. "5 years with no dick, I'ma be in shambles when you in there."

"Just fuck on Yasmin. That girl gotta strap just like my dick you'll be ight. But me? 5 years no cuddles I'ma die." Kota said over exaggerating making me chuckle. " No Cuddles is bareable but what about when yo child starts causing havoc?" I countered and she shook her head.

"My baby would never, it's prolly gon be a girl." Dakota said and I shook my head. "Nah it's gon be a boy." I disagreed. "Nah it's gon be a lil princess, she gon get whatever she wants too." I shook my head. "No she ain't, once you spoil a child they gon want everything under the sun and ain't nobody got time for that." I told her.

"I got time for it shi." I rolled my eyes and she got up.

________________
Dakota POV

"All rise"

Everybody got up following the bailiffs order.

"Case 2024L187652 Dakota Harris- Alexandria that's you girl?" Judge Matthias said making me chuckle. "In the flesh wassup man, I thought yo ass went to Washington witcha Ole lady?"  I asked and he rolled his eyes.

"Mannnn that bi-" he got cut off by the bailiff clearing his throat. Me and Matthias go way back nigga was basically my second daddy. Haven't seen him in a couple years cause he wanted to go ride off into the sunset with his wife. "My apologies. Ahem, charges are second degree aggravated assault made by plaintiff  Mike Harris, against the defendant Dakota Harris..."

After allat boring shi and the lawyers going back and forth he asked me how did I plead. " I got a couple words first. Ion even know why y'all sat up here n did that back n forth shit knowing whatcho bitch ass did. That was self defense and you know you deserved it. See if you wasnt my blood I would've put u six feet under n that's on my momma. I plead guilty cause ain't no choice but to." And I sat down. 

"Well if that ain't one of the fastest cases I done had ion know what is. This courtroom has been adjourned!" And he slammed the gavel down. "All rise." I stood up and was escorted out to a room after the judge left.

Ki met me there and hugged me sniffling. "Ma stop crying I'ma be out before you know it, I'ma be calling every single day checking on you and my lil girl." I told her rubbing her back. "I know it's just that i'ma miss you. And I want you to be there for when I give birth and them nights when I got the cravings. And it's gon be a boy."

I smiled. I pulled back and grabbed her face in my hands then kissed her forehead then lips. "Stop crying please, I'ma be fine, you'll be fine. And I'ma be there I promise." I told her and she nodded. The door opened then Kay my mom, and my dad walked in. They was all crying n shi. Kay walked into my arms and I hugged him.