Chapter 32

4 weeks later December 23rd Saturday kota POV 11:11 AM

"Have you ever had beach sex?" I asked ki looking out the resort window I rented for the time we were staying in Seychelles a country in africa. "Yup ion like it though because sand gets everywhere." She answered. "Balcony sex?" I asked and she said no.

"Have you?"

"Nope." I turned around and she was only in her underwear. We were starting to pack up because tomorrow we were leaving for Grindelwald Switzerland. I paid for this trip but she was paying for the next one.

And that's just how we've been doing it for the past 3 weeks. Which has been absolutely amazing I see why people wanna travel when they're young/older the world is a beautiful place to explore. "Did you do that zoom call with your therapist?" She asked walking up to me and I nodded.

"Yes." I answered she's been making sure I've been doing well which I appreciate but sometimes it's a lil annoying but ik she just wants what's best for me. "Took your meds?" I nodded. "Smoking?" I shook my head.

Really finna be a New Year new me. "2 weeks sober ." I stated wrapping my arms around her waist. "And 3 weeks happy." I leaned down and kissed her forehead. "3 weeks of nothing but pure joy with the woman I love." I kissed her cheek.

"And 2 weeks of there being nothing else to make me happy but you and the world." I finished kissing her on the lips. Ki put her hand on my chest pushing me back a lil. "Well I'm flattered and I love you too baby." She told me back and kissed me again.  "I gotta finish packing, once we get there we gotta go shopping because we don't have any winter clothes." She said and I nodded.

"Alright." She went back to doing what she was doing and I stood there thinking.

I grabbed my phone and called Shaun. "Howdy sista!" He yelled in a Texas accent making me laugh a lil. "No that was not it, whatchu been up too?" I asked and he did a lip trill. "Shi driving you alr know. What about you? How's you and Ms. Harris?" He asked and I smiled. "We're good, we're actually better than we were before we left it feels like our connection got stronger and shit." I answered and he hummed.

"You make me wanna fall in love but ain't none of these hoes loyal." He said and I tsked. "You gotta let it come to you cause if you go looking for it the devil gon send it." I said. "Hm."

"How Kay been?" I asked getting to the real reason why I called. "He ight, I be taking him on the road with me sometimes.  He don't really talk to anybody or say anything." He explained and I said oh.

"He with you right now?"

"Yeahh you tryna talk to him?"

"Nah." I said hesitant.

"Ight and are you coming home for Christmas?"

"Nah nigga I'm finna go to Switzerland, I can fly y'all out tho but y'all gon have to have y'all stuff packed by tonight and leave in the morning."

"Bet, lemme me call you later."

"Alr love you."

"I love you more byeeeeeeee muahhhh!" He sang out and hung up.

_________________
omniscient POV

Kaylen hasn't been doing great. The boy just wants his mama but he thinks that she doesn't want him. He blames himself for her leaving and so he chooses to stay quiet. But in reality Dakota does want him, she only left because she needed space to process and being in the same place of people who hurt her will only make everything worse.

So the best decision was to travel, she doesn't know how long, when she'll come back, when she'll finally make that phone call to Kay, but what she does know is she needs space with the one person who doesn't judge her.