Chapter 36: Mika's POV

Maybe that Oracle thought I couldn't kill her because of her status. She was courageous enough to drag me down into the secret passage. Didn't she know who I was? Even if my wolf was still weak, I could kill her. I pulled my hand away to release it from her grasp. "Get your dirty hands away from me Oracle."
"Do you think I want to hold your dirty hand? I was just given an order." Lauren said. "It's over. Your illusion to take down my mate is over. He will find me and kill Landon." I said.
       "I know."
"Y-you know? What are you talking about?" If she knew Shad would win and Landon would die, why would she risk her life and her gifts to help that demon? "I've seen the beginning and the end of Landon but I can't tell him. If I did, things would change. At least he dies today and maybe reborn again." She smirked as she said it. "You're crazy. The Moon Goddess will curse you for betraying her."
"I've heard that so many times. Do you think I still work for her? The moment you discovered that I worked for demons, I felt her powers removed from me and my soul changed drastically. The God of Death rescued me and gave me a new power to help his creation."
        And then I felt it, my wolf came back. She was listening to Lauren's words. "You like him, don't you?" I asked. "I do, ever since I first saw him. Even Landon seeks only you yet I stayed by his side. I know that his delusion of you will be over soon."
"How can you be sure? And how can you let the other wolves die because of your desires?"
"I'm no longer part of the werewolf world. I became the first witch that the God of Death made."
"You're a monster!" She laughed maliciously.
        "I need to tell you this before everything falls into place. You'll suffer more. You will choose another path for your life. It will come soon and you will be miserable in either direction of your path." She said as if she was cursing me. "Whatever you throw at me, I'll face it. I will fight."
"Then how can you face your mate after having sex with a vampire multiple times? Don't you think you'll be pregnant? Do you think that Landon's that stupid? We know you're trying your best not to conceive but no information can hide from me."
"What are you talking about?"
"I dare not say. The future holds the truth." Lauren said. She must have been crazy. I knew Lainey wouldn't betray me. She was my friend. If Lainey betrayed me, I would know. I was a healer.
        We heard commotion outside of the wall, sounding like someone was trying to break it down. "Shit! They must have gotten in somehow and are trying to find the secret passage through the walls."
"Mika!! Are you there?!" I heard someone yell. I couldn't be wrong. That was.... "Corey! I'm here, help me!" I shouted hoping he heard me.
        Lauren grabbed my hand again and pulled me. "Stop shouting and let's go! We need to leave before it collapses." She said. "No! You can go all you want but I'm staying here."
"The moment that wolf destroys that wall, the castle will collapse. The palace had patterns when it was built. If you destroy the wall to enter the secret passage, the palace will collapse on its own." She informed me. "I can't just leave him alone." I said. "He's a wolf. He can manage." Lauren said.
        "Corey! Stop what you're doing and find another way! If you continue pounding on the wall the whole thing will collapse!" I shouted. I hoped he heard me. Suddenly he stopped but I smelt something. Like someone was burning. "It's over." Lauren said. This was the first time I saw her silently cry. "What's over?"
"You must be happy. Landon died as well as all the vampires he created." She said.
        I didn't know what had gotten into me but I felt a pain in my soul. Landon may have been a demon but as he claimed, he was still my mate too. I hated how I felt sad about his death. I felt like I betrayed Shad. "I shall leave you now. We'll meet again, I'm sure of that." Lauren said before she ran away. I fell to the ground feeling like the world was spinning. 'What is happening to me?'
"Mika?" Corey finally found me sitting on the floor but I never expected him to be bloody all over. I stood up immediately and held him up. "What happened to you?"
"There was a lot of traps inside this passage. I couldn't dodge or move easily because of my build." He said and I laughed mentally. "Come on let me help you. There's a way over there, where the Oracle escaped." I said.
        We walked next to each other until we found the way out. I saw wolves shouting and howling at our victory. I carried Corey as he was almost passing out. Luckily, Titus and the others spotted us.
        Titus ran over to me and checked Corey while Alpha Malcolm, my father, hugged me and checked to see if I was okay before he let go and signaled Shad to come. I couldn't express how happy I was seeing him but Lauren's words kept ringing in my ears. 'What if I'm pregnant? Will my mate accept me and the child?'
"Mika? What's wrong?" Shad asked. "Let's go home, I'm tired.." I said. I could feel his disappointment but I ignored it. I needed to rest myself first to see if I'm pregnant or not.
        Everyone greeted me as I walked past them. They seemed to understand why I didn't feel okay because they didn't question my silence. I could feel Shad's eyes on my back as well as my father's but I chose to ignore them as we traveled back home. Other wolves stayed behind to collect the fallen members of our packs and burn the castle down. I hoped and prayed that what I felt was wrong. I didn't know how Shad would handle it if I was pregnant.