Chapter 14: Temptation

I followed Shad to our room just to find him laying in the bed. "What are you doing? I thought we were going to talk." I said standing at the end of the bed. "Come here." He ordered. I couldn't say no to Alpha's orders. Also, part of me wanted to be near him.
        I sat beside him as he pulled me into his arms. "You smell like him." Shad said. "Smell like who?" I asked not bothered that he was hugging me. "You smell like that pup." He said sniffing my neck. "That pup has a name and it's Toby." I said leaning into him more. I was enjoying the feeling, even though I hated him for treating my friend that way, I still couldn't deny the feelings that started to grow inside of me. "I don't care what his name is. I don't like him putting his scent all over you." He said. 'Gracious Lord! Did I hear that correctly?' I said to myself.
        "He's just a friend Shad. He came here with a purpose. His sister will be giving birth soon. No one can help them. There's a lot of she wolves who'll also be giving birth this month. The pack was panicking about it. We're living in Snow land. Newborn babies are prone to sickness. They need a healer to make sure they'll survive." I said. "Yes! A purpose to take you away from me." He said. "Are you jealous?" I asked. "Don't pull that jealous card on me lady, you know that when the blue moon comes, you'll be mine." He said.
        I looked at him and I saw his eyes glowing. His wolf wanted to be released. "You know, this moment is cute." I said out of nowhere. "And why do you say that?" Shad touched my cheek while smelling my hair. "Because you're sweet, don't get me wrong, but we're also not arguing and I didn't want to argue right now." He smirked at me. "Really? Is that why you're leaning closer to me?" He said. I pinched his nose and pushed him but his grip tightened on my hips. His nose got closer to my neck, smelling my scent. "You don't know what you're doing to me Mika." Within seconds his lips were on mine.
        A million tingles exploded inside of me, and it was like my lips had their own mind to kiss him back. We stopped to catch our breath. He pulled me closer and put me on his lap like I was straddling him. He kissed and nibbled my neck. I was sure it would leave a mark after. "What are we doing Shad?" I said, catching my breath while his hands were caressing my butt. "Savoring the moment?" He said smiling at me.
"You know I can kick your butt if you continue caressing mine." I said while starting to straddle at his erection. "God Mika! You don't know what you're doing to me." He said before pulling my shirt off. I think your hand is moving too fast Mr. Alpha." I said kissing his jawline. "Do you want me to stop?" Shad asked smirking at me.
This man really drove me crazy. I hated him but I was happy being with him. And right then, I wanted him. "Yes! I want you." I said. He grabbed me from the back of my head and pulled me into a very ravishing kiss. "Your body is saying other things." He said pulling my pants down. "Shad, this is way too fast. I'm not ready yet." I said. "Shhhh. Don't worry. I'm not going to do it. I just want to enjoy this moment." He said. I wanted to enjoy this moment to. "Then I think you're wearing to many clothes."
Instead of pulling his shirt off, I ripped it with a smirk. "You girl, have a naughty side." He said pulling me closer to him. I could smell his arousal as well as mine. "Shad, what are we going to do with your ex-girlfriend?" I asked. "Are you actually asking that right now?" He said irritated. "I just want to know if you've had sex with her to." I said irritated as well. "Mika.... I'm not going to lie." He looked in my eyes. "It was a long time ago." He said.
That killed my mood. Knowing that I preserved myself for my mate. I looked at Shad. A man like him surely couldn't wait for the right girl for him. Every woman would surely jump into his lap just to be entertained. I looked at him but somehow I didn't feel mad at all. I knew his status, even my brother slept with many girls. Toby did to. Men have needs. "Are you mad at me?" He asked with worried eyes. I shook my head. "No, but I'll be honest. I'm quite disappointed, I've been saving myself for my mate while you on the other hand..... well, let's not talk about it." I said.
He pulled me into his chest kissing my forehead. "I want you to know how lucky I am because I met you. I think that contract brought something good out of me and I'm sorry for not waiting for the right one, for not waiting for you. I'll admit, I didn't like you before, knowing you couldn't shift was a big NO to me but when I saw your picture, something inside me wanted to know you. That's why I agreed to this and I'm happy I did it because I met you." He said honestly.
"The tingles, does that mean we're possible mates?" I asked. "Yes. You see, I'm one big lucky guy." He said poking my cheek. "Hmmmm. I think we can try."
"We can try what?"
"We can try to work this relationship out. We can try being mates." I said. He pushed me slightly looking into my eyes, checking to see if I was serious with what I said. "You're serious?"
"Yes." I smiled at him.
He pulled me closer again and kissed me sweetly. "But before anything else, we need to talk to Toby. His sister needs a healer, and your ex is being stubborn as hell." I said pulling away from his grip and putting my clothes back on. He groaned which made me laugh. "I wish both of them leave and never come back." He stood and grabbed a new shirt from his closet. "That's rude. Toby is still my best friend and Lauren is your EX." I empathized the word ex. He laughed at me and pulled me into a warm hug. "You woman.. are very territorial. And I like it." He said, kissing me once more.